1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo2 version update + map pack installation

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by delux2257, Apr 26, 2005.

1. delux2257

delux2257 Member

~~**K Sorry about the confusion in the instrutions that come with the pack**~~

1.first ftp to ur xbox
    2.look for a TDATA folder
    3.in the TDATA folder look for the 4d530064 folder
    4.open it and delete everthing inside
    5.once done that unrar the halo 2 map pack on ut pc in a folder called halo 2 maps
    6.then put that folder in ur xbox games folder were u normaly put ur games that u play in
    7.then restart ur xbox
    8.then go to were you normaly launch games of ur xbox harddrive n there shud be something
    called halo 2 map installer something like that.
    9.launch that then install the update thingy after done install both of the map packs
    10.then once done go back to ur default dash board n ftp once aging
    11.go to the TDATA folder n open the 4d530064 folder now there shud be a folder labeled $C
    12.open it then u shud see a folder named 4d53006400UPDATE or someting like that rename it to $u
    13.then put it on ur desktop once on ur pc desktop delete it off ur xbox
    14.then go one directory up u shud now be able to see $C
    15.put the $u off ur desktop in there so that afterwards u will see $u and $c at the same time
    16.now that u see that launch halo 2 and have fun

Greets:
    Thanks To A.j {A.k.A} Mailman~kidz15
    Thanks Go To Fish for the Premium Content
    Thanks To SK For Building The Package
    A BIG fusk YOU Goes out to BUNGIE

i takes no credit. please thanks those mentioned above.

2. booya4230

booya4230 Member

I released the maps and yea i was in a rush with the halo 2 maps.txt

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Hey when I use these maps alone they are fine, but when I try to install the United Mappack v1.3 from www.xlink.com it always comes up with a damaged content for some reason. But if I take out the United Mappack then it's fine. Any way to work around this issue?

4. Eglaur

Eglaur Member

i opened the file i got (Halo_2_Map_Packs_XBOX-READNFO-AWSK) and it had like 6 .rar folders and they all seem to have the same files in them. which do i use and where do i ftp them to on my xbox?

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You need to download WinRar and unpack the files to get the map contents.

6. genzod

genzod Member

Need a little help here. I unrared the files, FTP'd the Folder to my "Games" Folder, ran the app, installed the maps + update, and neglected to follow the last couple of directions about changing the folder names etc. Now, I've tried starting over from scratch, and the app won't install anything. It just blinks when you press the A Button. Perhaps I need to re-install my original $u folder from my backup DVD and start over?

7. genzod

genzod Member

I neglected to point out in my last post that I did check my Halo 2 Game for the new maps, and they weren't there. That's when I started to suspect that I missed something from the instructions in the file.

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Just go in the E:/TDATA and look for the folder 4d530064 and change the name to $u, and move it into the E:/TADATA/4d530064/ directory, reboot and it should work.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2005
  9. genzod

genzod Member

I figured it out. I was running a hacked Halo dashboard that had an orange color, and some other hacked maps and such. Once I deleted them, I finally saw the $C folder in TDATA/4d530064 which hadn't appeared previously. I just reinstalled from my backup, then followed the directions. Thanks for the help.

10. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

My version of EVox doesnt have a game folder on my dashboard. where can i get a newer version or how can i get this folder to complete these steps. or is there a different folder i can transfer it to. I am LOST!!! please help me!

11. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

The folder is not on the dashboard, it's in your saved game data. You have to use FTP to get into your Xbox and look for it under E:\TDATA\4d530064\ directory. If it's still not there then you might wanna start Halo 2, play for a few seconds, save and quit, the folder should appear then.

12. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

where is this folder located?

13. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

it said something about launching it where you normally launch your games off your hard drive? maybe i am making this way to complicated.
    It is # 6 on the list that i am having trouble with i found the folder tdata/4d50064 and all but am i supposed to burn a disc to find the installer or do i need that "games" section. this is my first attempt at this kind of thing and i am really anxious to get these new maps! i need to know where to save it (specifics) and where the install file is. i got these maps off of edonkey but the directions that came with them arent as in depth but i thought this forum was the revised version of the instructions. any help would be greatly appreciated. NERD4SAIE

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  14. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Oh ok I see what you mean now. There are 2 ways you can do it, one is to load the maps on your HDD (which is from the instructions) or you can burn it onto a disc. Either way will work, but I think burning it onto a disc would be a better way for you. Use Craxtion4 or Qwix and convert the UnRarred maps folder into an ISO and burn it with Nero or whatever you have. And then just follow the instructions again.

15. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

SWEET!!!i got it to work fine on my box. Thanks for all the help. i do kinda have another question though, i tried it on my friends box and for some reason it didnt work and now he cant play lockout and the little picture at the bottom left game info on multiplayer screen has a new picture for lockout???? both of the files are on the 4d530064 folder but the maps arent working. is there a way to either delete everything and try again or no. I tried to delete it all and install it all over but the second time i tried it didnt go on yet it still took up space off the harddrive. Not sure on this one but if anyone knows the help would help my friends box greatly! thanks! Nerd4saie

16. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I guess what you can do is clear the cache files. They are in the X,Y,Z folders. Then you might wanna delete the 4d530064 folder fist then Halo 2 saved games as well. Restart Halo 2, play for a few seconds, save. Then reinstall the maps, make sure to do the "Update" option first. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

17. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

Thanks! i will give it a shot when i get off of work and see if it works. There is a reason why you are a senior member, YOU ARE AWESOME AT THIS STUFF!!!! Thanks again!

18. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yeah no problem, hope it works out for your friend cuz these new maps are awesome and they add a lot to the gameplay. I don't see why it shouldn't work though, good luck.

19. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

once again you have put me in aww! It Worked like a charm. Thanks for all your help and...THANKS!!! This was the first forum that i have ever searched for problems that i have encountered with anything and i was really surprised on the amount of help that was provided to me. Thanks once again and i am sure i will be back to these forums again! Nerd4saie

20. delux2257

delux2257 Member

booya4230 shut the fusk up faggot and stop taking credit for other peoples hard work u lame ass punk bitch!