1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo2 version update + map pack installation

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by delux2257, Apr 26, 2005.

1. ramilos

ramilos Member

I got the files ftp to the xbox into the f:\games folder but when i reboot my xbox the map pack installer does not show up in my games list, I use evox. Am I missing something?
    Nevermind I got it..... make sure the map installer is not a subdirectory of the directory you created when unRAR'ing the files LOL

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  2. jimmyhat

jimmyhat Member

Hi guys, im new, i've got an executer chipped box but i dont have xbox live.

i'd like to get the new maps and the update. is there anywhere i can DL these? can someone PM me if they know?
    If possible does anyone know of a Download server rather than a torrent link because i can't DL torrents on my gay university proxy network.
    If torrent is all anyone has then can you still send the link to me cuz i;ll get someone else to DL them for me.
    Ive tried torrentspy but they seem to get to 70 Megabytes then the links die.
    thanks alot guys, me and my chipped box mates are desperate to play these new maps/update, they look so cool!

Even better, if someone with the new maps could upload the rar file to yousendit or megaupload for users on this site that would be the BEST, because the file is only 106 MB and i know alot of you have insanely fast ISPs.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Check your PM box.

4. jimmyhat

jimmyhat Member

thanks alot dude.

i just have a few more questions.

1) Once i extract the rar files into one big ISO,to get the files onto my box, do i have to FTP them or can i burn them onto a CD-R or DVD-R and then put them on the chipped box?
    i don't know how to FTP thats all and i'd rather just copy them from a CD.

2) Does anyone know if this will work with the australian version of Halo 2, ie; is it somewhat universal? i read above that it doesnt work with the french pirated version so perhaps its only compatible with the USA version? ANyone know?

3) Is there a way to get these maps to work on a non chipped box at all? just wondering coz my mate doesnt wanna fork out another 40 bucks when he's already paying 50 bucks to play on xboxlive.

thanks guys

5. Alexmon

Alexmon Guest

hi look i have just got a modded box i have given up on the maps so what should i uninstall from whare and also the standard maps work except lockout please tell me how to get lockout back

6. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

OK, guys, my problem is sorta different, I got the maps called Turf and another one cant remember the name. Anyway i got them from my friends xbox's hard driver, i trsnfered file to my xbox, now when i ran halo 2 a messaged poped up and said that my files i downloaded are corrupted, so how would i go about this, sorry if this annoys anyone, propbably already posted.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  7. Xecuter69

Xecuter69 Member

for me it just freeze at the evox loading screen

8. cam_1

cam_1 Member

hey guys, could someone also pm me the map pack installer. thanks in advance.

9. Xecuter69

Xecuter69 Member

hey guys, could someone also pm me the map pack installer. thanks in advance.

10. TripleBT

TripleBT Member

nvm... found it...HEY! why does this only have the 4 maps that are already available on live? i already have them, i wnated the unreleased maps...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  11. fitzyboy

fitzyboy Member

Hello, i know a bit about all of this but i am having trouble putting my maps into the f/ through ftp i use flashfxp. it is the new halo maps i want to ftp to my xbox but i am having trouble. if anyone could help me this would be much appreciated.
    thanks

12. paystey

paystey Member

Yeh i had some trouble with flahFXP at first but:
    1. Make sure you set your I.P address on your xbox
    2. Make sure that FTP is enabled on your box
    3. Change the network settings to use the same sort of I.P as your box e.g. xbox=192.168.1.5 comp=192.168.1.4, that's my set up.
    4. Go into flahsfxp go to site manager add new enter your xbox IP then the name and password (usualy xbox, xbox)
    then restart your box without a disk in and then try to connect.

If you have any trouble let me know on here

13. fitzyboy

fitzyboy Member

Yes I have all that sorted and i can send files and folder to any drive of my xbox but it is not letting me send the map packs to the f/ so i can install them.

14. Xecuter69

Xecuter69 Member

wish some one help me install mine cant get it to install

15. paystey

paystey Member

I'm not sure then. sorry

16. halofind

halofind Member

could u put gamertags to help me mod

17. sccerguy

sccerguy Member

got it to work and everything I play on xlink kai and the only way i can seem to get to the maps i by somebody else hosting them like i can't see them in spilt screen mode in halo 2. are these maps only for online play?

18. paystey

paystey Member

No you should be able to play them normaly

19. sccerguy

sccerguy Member

well i found an iso of it where you just ran an application and it installed everything by itsself but i still can't see them do i need to like delete a cach or something or some folder?

20. sccerguy

sccerguy Member

also right now the map pack is its own folder in f:/games do i need to put the maps in the halo 2 folder?