1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo2 version update + map pack installation

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by delux2257, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Tural

Tural Member

Hey, I got a torrent with the files

Each RAR has a .iso in it, they appear to be all the same, all the iso's have the same file name (HALO_2_MMP_AWSK.iso)

What do I do from here to get these running on my xbox? I've never put maps on my xbox this way, typically I just copy the .map files over, but I'm guessing this is more complex, can someone please guide me through this? If you can help please PM me or AIM me at TuralX18

2. paystey

paystey Member

Yes somewere in this thread are some instructions on where to put it and how, the second one from the start i found works best.

3. Tural

Tural Member

Ok, I was going through the instructions, and when I FTP in, I already have a "$u" directory. I have the auto update already, what should I do, I extracted the .iso and put it in the "Halo 2 Maps" folder, and I dont see anything about Halo maps installer. Grrr. Any ideas what Im doing wrong?

Also, I just noticed that in Halo 2, in the maps list, I have all the maps, but when I try to go to them I "Failed to load the map"

Whats wrong?

4. paystey

paystey Member

Try deleting everything out of X: Y: and Z: this will not mess up your xbox they are like temporary files like you get on your computer.

5. Tural

Tural Member

I cleared out those directories, tried to run Halo 2, went to the new maps, it sits on "Waiting for everyone to load the map" for about 5 minutes, then still says I failed to load it. This is how my files are on the box, is this right?

E:/Games/Halo 2 Maps/(Files I listed above)

Do I need to extract all of the rar files? If so how do I put them in the folder without overwriting each other, can they be renamed and still work?

6. cric2k

cric2k Member

hi,
    i've just downloaded the new maps. i havent got a modded xbox, is there any way for me to move the maps onto my xbox?
    cheers

7. Tural

Tural Member

I cant get this working for anything, is there anyone who can give me a step by step walkthrough of this on AIM? SN is TuralX18

8. sccerguy

sccerguy Member

so i got the iso and i ran its little program thing but i can't see the maps in halo 2 like i can play on them if other people host them for me

9. Tural

Tural Member

sccerguy, where did you find the installer, I dont seem to have one when I do what you told me, also, the maps only show up in the list for me when I am running a modded mainmenu.map

--------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Someone really needs to just put out a torrent with the actual .map files, for those of us who have the update, we just need the maps, I have the update, so my installer wont run, I just need the maps, someone should just make a torrent of the map files.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  10. singhmar

singhmar Member

yup it is true the French version does not allow you to use these maps instead as somebody mentioned earlier it changes the picture for "lockout" and you cannot play it anymore.Also if u delete the all the files in 4d530064 and copy the content u will not be able to see it unless u make a folder called "$C"

11. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

Ok, I have the new 5 maps that i have copied from the actual map pack disc. It works fine on my box (with a mod) but i cant get it to work on my friends box. Everytime it tries to load it gives me a message that says. "No (something) file- B:\xbmedia_something fff is missing" and will not let me load the disc. THis happened even with the real disc. I tried figuring it out how to just copy the stuff from my box on to his but it was to no avail. THe problem seems to be that the evox dash loads up before it tries to autoload the game. I have tried adjusting the auto load feature but still nothing. The box is old and the drive is really slow which allows it to auto default to my dash. This sucks! Does any one have any ideas on what i can do.

12. dljhowie

dljhowie Member

This will probably sound dumb but here it goes. If I buy the map pack and I already own Halo 2, Can I just install the maps normally if I have evox with px hdd loader. What does the update do exactly? I wouldnt be asking but I have yet to actually see a thread anywhere that states you can or cant right from the original map disk. Any help would be great.

13. zapiy

zapiy Member

Must my xbox be modded to use these maps or is there some way to use them?

cheers fellas

14. androomis

androomis Member

Just one question?

I have bought the new halo maps a I have installed them, but i can´t play them, when I take a look in the dashboard games folder they do appear as installed but yet can´t play them, but if someone else online or in systemlink put them I can play.

If someone knows what to do to see the maps into my halo menu could answer this please.

15. Padavan01

Padavan01 Guest

can Someone send me the German Autoupdate on my e-mail?
    Padavan01@web.de
    would be very nice :)

16. jksnow

jksnow Member

where do you find the map pack at send me a link

17. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

is this right i got..
    HALO_2_DLC-AWSK.part1-6?

and whats the update about? is it on a different download?

18. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

are these the new maps thats for sale for $19
    For the 5 new maps, Backwash, Elongation, Gemini, Relic, and Terminal

19. airkprice

airkprice Member

okay, i know this has been done to death, and i have read everything, i just cant get this to work.

I download (through a torrent) a file that is supposed to contain the map packs, plus the halo 2 1.1 update.

I extracted the rar, and now have the following files
    HALO_2_MMP-AWSK.iso
    HALO_2_MMP-AWSK (msninfo doc)
    HALO_2_MMP-AWSK.part1 (rar)
    HALO_2_MMP-AWSK.part2 (rar)
    HALO_2_MMP-AWSK.part3 (rar)
    HALO_2_MMP-AWSK.part4 (rar)
    HALO_2_MMP-AWSK.part5 (rar)
    HALO_2_MMP-AWSK.sfv

I just put the iso into a folder, then ftp to my games folder, and restarted my xbox, and i dont get anything about installing the update,i tried putting it in my halo 2 folder, nothing, i cleaned out the x,y,z folders, and the tdata 4d530064 folder, i deleted my save files. I cant get past the 4th step, cause i dont get that option.

do i need to have the acctually halo 2 disc, or can i be running a copied version (that sits on my hard drive)
    or am i missing the update file, that it says i should have??, if so where do i get it. which files do i need to put in the xbox, how many get put on there.

as of now, all i have put on there is the iso file that is 424 megabytes, do i need to burn it to a disc? and how do i do that?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
  20. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

yeah i got all the maps up and running right now..