1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo2 version update + map pack installation

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by delux2257, Apr 26, 2005.

1. airkprice

airkprice Member

okay, so i downloaded a seperate file that has the halo 2 update. so i now have a folder (once extracted) that is called
    4d530064
    inside this folder is another folder called $u and a read me
    in the $u folder is 3 files

contentmeta.xbx
    default.xbe
    downloader.xbe
    I put this folder ($u) into my xbox, and when i go to load games i have two halo 2's, i have tried both, the top one is the new one ( i doubt thats relevent) i tried it and it says that the disc i am useing is dirty of unreadable or somthing like that. ...so i thought i had it, but am now stuck again.

suggestions please, do i need to have somthing else in my evox software to read files, to i need to make a disc? please help, this is starting to drive me nuts

2. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

Keep in mind i had a problem with getting the old 4 maps with the(HALO_2_MMP-AWSK.part) i had to get them from(HALO_2_DSL-AWSK.part)
    but the good thing is i have all 9 :)

Follow this guide from Delux..

1.) ftp into your xbox using an ftp app such as FlashFXP and go to E/TDATA/4d530064/
    there should be absolutely nothing in this folder. if there is something in there delete it.
    2.)you should already have the map pack which is named Halo_2_Map_Packs_XBOX-READNFO-AWSK. extract files.
    3.)you should see a folder inside called "map pack". transfer this folder to your game directory of your xbox (this is where all your games are located should be f/ )
    4.) restart xbox. go to your game list and you will see "map pack installer"
    5.) choose the installer. a sceen will come up with 3 options. choose ONLY AUTO UPDATE!!!
    6.)wait for it to say content copied to your xbox.
    7.)reboot your xbox
    8.)ftp back into the /E/TDATA/4d530064/ folder, u should see $c folder inside.
    9.)go into the $c folder and you should see 4d53006400UPDATE folder
    10.)Right Click On 4d53006400UPDATE folder, and choose MOVE
    amd type /E/TDATA/4d530064/ choose okay.
    11.)so now back up into your /E/TDATA/4d530064/ folder and you should see $c and 4d53006400UPDATE folders.
    12.)Right Click on the 4d53006400UPDATE folder and select rename and rename it to $u
    13.) reboot your xbox.
    14.) now select map pack installer on your xbox and choose Bonus Pack.. wait for it to say installation complete.. then choosethe Killtacular Pack.. wait for it to say installation complete.
    15.) youre done!

but if the file is ISO... use this guide from Achilles

Do a fresh install. Find the folder 4d530064 in E:/TDATA/ and delete it. Delete the cache in X, Y, and Z folders, and also Halo 2 game saves. Boot Halo 2 up and play, then save the game. Put in the disc that you've burnt and choose "Update" then install the maps. Take out the disc, go back to Evox and use FTP. Check the folder 4d530064 again and you should see a $C folder, inside it there are 3 more folders. Find the folder with the word UPDATE at the end and move it to the same root as the $C folder, and rename it to $u. Reboot Xbox and load up Halo 2, the new maps should appear in Multiplayer mode. If not then I don't know what could be wrong. Unless you have some kind of modified Halo 2 maps installed also, then they might be conflicting each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2005
  3. airkprice

airkprice Member

thank you for all the help i am going to keep trying untill i get this bloody thing to work,

what do you mean by a fresh install? a fresh install of what??

4. airkprice

airkprice Member

whooo hoo, i finally got it to work, thanks for the help, it took so many tries, but i finally got it, i had to burn it to a disc, i couldnt get the other method to work at all

5. R5D5

R5D5 Member

see i dont play the xbox games directly from my harddrive instead i burn them to dvd-r's and play...now will this work if i burn the iso's to a dvd using nero? i tried doing this for the first mappack that came out in may or june i think (killatacular one) buti i get unknown disk on EvoX, will this be any different?

6. R5D5

R5D5 Member

no luck i get an unknown disc error when i burn the iso any suggestions?

7. warftpser

warftpser Member

I copied all the instructions to a word document but I can't figure out where to get the files... can someone help me?

thanx

warftpserv@gmail.com
    AIM: warftpserv

8. ozy

ozy Regular member

http://netsyndrome.net/halo2maps.php
    The first four maps are here. You will have to search either the net or P2P software for the other 5 new maps. Try searching for "Maptacular Pack".

9. R5D5

R5D5 Member

airkprice how did you get your xbox to read the cd/dvd?

10. ozy

ozy Regular member

11. johnrory

johnrory Member

thx 4 the link !

12. airkprice

airkprice Member

i dont know it just worked, i booted up halo 2 (its on my hard drive) played for a few seconds and saved, and backed out the to the halo 2 menu.

I then opened up the drive, and poped the disc in, and the menu to install everything just poped up

13. jksnow

jksnow Member

are you sure that the link is right because i clicked into it and it wont let me it says some 404 erroer message cant find whatever the link is send it to me at Pixelfairiez@aol.com thanks

14. johnrory

johnrory Member

yup, link is down now.

I am very untrusting of aol, so i dont send or accept messages across their mail servers...................there is no new link, its just down

15. ozy

ozy Regular member

you will have to search for Maptacular Pack.

16. a4dp

a4dp Member

Is there a way to get the maps and update to work on a modded xbox if you have the map pack dvd?

Also, I downloaded the maptacular pack, but I can't open the rar because it says it's damaged or an unknown format. Anyone else having these problems? I can open any other rar file.

17. ozy

ozy Regular member

The reason why you can't open the file is because its in .ISO format. All you have to do is burn it as an image file to disc and boot it in your xbox.

18. sparka

sparka Guest

Hi,

I just downloaded the multiplayer map pack onto my computer. But, I am having a little trouble installing it for I DO NOT have xbox live, but I do have a Xecuter chipped xbox.
    Can someone tell me where I can get the AutoUpdate without xbox live?

Also, are we supposed to just unrar the iso files? or unrar and extract the iso files?

Thanks for your help!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2005
  19. bluetaxin

bluetaxin Member

Listen, this may sound wierd. When I came here I copyed and pasted those things in the first post of this thread into my search bar, something about bit torrent, and when I tried to get there it said I had an error and kicked me off the internet. I thought they were strategy guides for the new maps, but I now know u guyz are talking about complicated computer problems or modding or something, which I don't do. I have xbox live, and I know you can get banned for modding. Could those things I clicked on somehow transfer over to my xbox and get me banned? What are they? Someone please respond, thankyou. This is what I searched for:

HALO_2_MMP_AWSK.nfo
    HALO_2_MMP_AWSK.par2
    HALO_2_MMP_AWSK.sfv
    HALO_2_MMP_AWSK.part01.rar
    HALO_2_MMP_AWSK.part02.rar
    HALO_2_MMP_AWSK.part03.rar
    HALO_2_MMP_AWSK.part04.rar
    HALO_2_MMP_AWSK.part05.rar

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  20. paystey

paystey Member

No don't worry if you didn't put them on your xbox then theres no problem