1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo2 version update + map pack installation

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by delux2257, Apr 26, 2005.

1. heretic12

heretic12 Guest

yo whats up guys does anyone know where u can get the modded maps such as warlock and containment and such cause my bo is modded just cant find the hacked maps

2. KJ23

KJ23 Member

I tried everything, but it won't work! First i checked all folders, everything perfect, then I installed the update, then all 3 mappacks (maptacular, killtacular, bonus), rebooted, changed the folder name and so on, everything was fine, but these maps wont work ayway, they are not shown in the game, or are they only available for xbox live? I tried sytemlink and splitscreen. I have the original pal backup of the game on my hardrive. any suggestions?

3. XpcGuRu

XpcGuRu Member

Ok heres the deal. i can install the update bonus pack and killtaacular pack, but when i go to install the maptacular pack its say "you mave not have enough ree space" and i know for a fact that ii do. someone please help

4. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

Any Suggestions?
    "Ok, I have the new 5 maps that i have copied from the actual map pack disc. It works fine on my box (with a mod) but i cant get it to work on my friends box. Everytime it tries to load it gives me a message that says. "No execution file- B:\xbmedia_something fff is missing" and will not let me load the disc. THis happened even with the real disc. I tried figuring it out how to just copy the stuff from my box on to his but it was to no avail. The problem seems to be that the evox dash loads up before it tries to autoload the game. I have tried adjusting the auto load feature but still nothing. The box is old and the drive is really slow which allows it to auto default to my dash. The same thing happens when i try to launch it off of my hard drive. ERR! This sucks! Does any one have any ideas on what i can do"

5. ger08

ger08 Member

ok well i have the map pack disk and i read your instructions so if i burn the map pack to my xbox then ftp it to my pc then follow your step 1 ftping back to xbox can i go from there?

6. shawnc

shawnc Guest

does anybody now how to get on xbox live when you have mods, cuz it wont let me online.
    i deleted the splinter cell game save by actsident and now all i can go to is the evox menu.
    i need help bad.
    my AIM is shawn cannon 4
    and my MSN is blindskateboarder_280@hotmail.com
    plz HELP ME!!!!!!!!

7. XpcGuRu

XpcGuRu Member

SOME ONE PLEASE ANSWER THESE GUYS QUESTIONS I CANT INSTALL MAPTACULAR PACK AT ALL.

8. muzzyk

muzzyk Guest

hi i m a total noob at this stuff, how do u move something to another location. i dont know how to move the $u to the $c.

9. zeggy00

zeggy00 Member

Using dothalo or ch2r I have patched the turf map (as well as any of the other new maps) and put it back under the Tdata location but when I try to load the map that I modded it tells me I failed to load the map. Is there a special way to transfer the maps back to your box or do I need to do anything with the patch.lvl or the patch_v3.lvl. I am putting the modded map in /E:/TDATA/4d530064/$C/4d53006400000002/ and overwritting the orig map that was in there. Plz help

10. thejamesf

thejamesf Member

WTF, ok I just dn't get it I tryed burning it and loading it in and I tryed putting it on the hdd but doesn't work im so mad at this. I have the copy from bittorrent its called halo 2 map packs it has $u and halo 2 map packs and in $u it has contentmeta.xbx, default.xbe and downloader.xbe and in halo 2 map packs it has cdxmedia, content and pics and default.xbe
    in cdxmedia it has
    arialuni.ttf
    CDx.inx
    CDx.xpr
    cdx.xdb
    and cdx.xwb
    in content
    bonus
    killacular
    update
    in bonus
    containment.map
    contentimage.xbx
    contentmeta.xbx
    patch.lvl
    patch_v3.lvl
    warlock.map
    in content
    has the same as bonus
    add turf.map to it
    also daltap
    in update
    contentmeta.xbx
    default.xbe
    downloader.xbe
    can someone help??? or im I missing anything

11. FinSanta

FinSanta Member

Maptacular Pack install guide.

1. unrar Halo_2_Multiplayer_Map_Pack_COMPLETE_XBOX-READNFO-AWSK

2. use Qwix to upload .iso on ur xbox f:\games\

2. copy from /F/Games/Halo 2 Maptacular Pack/CONTENT/ Bonus/Killtacular/Maptacular directorys all maps to /F/Games/Halo_2/maps/ directory.

3. rename default.xbe on /F/Games/Halo_2/ to default.xbe0 or something.

4. copy /F/Games/Halo 2 Maptacular Pack/CONTENT/Update/default.xbe to /F/Games/Halo_2/
    5. start ur halo2 and take a look and be happy.

12. Tidalmod

Tidalmod Guest

I dont get what your saying. I know that when u ftp 2 ur xbox you go to TDATA 4d530064 and the $c or $u and it should say 4d530064000001 or 02 or 03 at the end. That is where you get you maps and make ur mods. Then u resign them and send the to ur xbox.

13. vibe69

vibe69 Member

i tried it and i installed the bonus pack.. no probs.. but when i try the killtacular one it tells me there cannot copy content cause there might not be space on it.. well there is over 3.5gigs left on the drive so wtf is it doing then??

can someone plz help

14. skeeney

skeeney Member

OK sorry guys I got a question..

I got a chipped xbox, a legit copy of halo 2 the game and have downloaded and installed the map pack.. now i want to get meself on xbox live!

is there any chance M$ may ban my poor little box for going on live with this map pack in stalled or should i delete it.. anyone using this ok on xboxlive?