1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hannspree Xv JT02-37E2-000G 37 Backlight

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by aldo99, Dec 30, 2007.

1. aldo99

aldo99 Member

Hi there I ordered the following lcd televsion "Hannspree Xv JT02-37E2-000G 37" and im looking forward to receiving it the next few days. i was just wondering if anyone can answer a question regarding it as i have been searching on various forums all day and finding specific information on the functionality of this television is quite hard and i have found contradicting information.

Basicaly a friend of mine who ordered the same television from the same site a few days before me got his today and he has said that he has found the Backlight on the set to be too bright. Now whilst searching the various reviews and forums in google i have found that Some people claim that the backlight level can be adjusted on this television some claim it cannot, and ive even read some people claiming the setting is in a menu thats very difficult to find. can anyone clarify if the backlight level on this television can infact be altered and if so how does one go about it?

oh and i forgot to mention my friend who got his television today has been searching through the menu's for a while and he couldent see any setting to do it.

2. aldo99

aldo99 Member

ok ive been doing allot of research and the setting i need to Lower the level of the backlight is definatly in the Service menu. Does anyone know the code to get into Service mode? Ive been searching and all i can find is a post on another forum that sujests its (MENU) (9) (9) (1). It doesent say how to input the buttons however, and ive tryed it every way i can think of. Any help would be greatly apreciated

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Have you actually received your set and found the backlight level to be a problem? Have you tried contacting Hannspree and just asking them?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  4. ross_001

ross_001 Member

aldo n me have been looking all over the net as i have a hannspree and he will be receiveing his on thursday... i called hannspree today after work but they kept me on hold long enuff for them to be eventually closed. i need to try them again on wednesday but not sure if i will get the code as it has been said online that they may not give it. i doubt that this is true though. dont understand why no bodys knows this information online. its anoying the heck outta me :S

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007