1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard drive corrupted by Vob files

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pcfremont, Mar 23, 2004.

1. pcfremont

pcfremont Member

The question I have is regarding the vob files corruption in hard drives. I have a Hitach 200 GB hard drive and partition it into two 100 GB volumes and formatted as NTFS. The problem is when the numbers of the files, all vob files, get into a certain numbers, say 90GB worth of files, approximately between 10-13 movies, the hard drives corruptted and all the stored files are lost and the only way to get the hard drive working again is to re-format. This hard drive contains no operation system and I used it as secondary master. Thank you very much for your help.

2. Scot

Scot Regular member

So you have another drive in the pc other than the 200gig right? Say its a 20 gig for example that contains your windows os. The 20 gig should be set for master and the 200 gig should be set as a slave.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You're thinking of the primary IDE channel and he said it's the secondary one. Besides, if he's using an NT version of Windows like XP or 2000 (and if he's formatting the drive NTFS that's almost guaranteed) it doesn't matter what drive the OS is on as long as there's boot information on first partition of the primary master (or whatever device the BIOS is set to boot from).