1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard drive failure

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by abisyl, Oct 24, 2005.

1. abisyl

abisyl Member

My hard drive for my ipod was failing...it worked sometimes but it failed to recognize the battery...for most of the time. So I tried everything from recharging, open up the hd to see if anything was wrong, using different battery, and much more...but nothing seem to fix it. And then I foolishily tried something...that I shouldnt have done. I unplug the ipod battery from the motherboard while the apple icon was running and the hard drive was spinning as well. Now the screen goes from apple to battery screen with about 20% full. It responds when I put into usb port but doesnt sync in. Anyone know what might have happen to my hard drive? think it may have been damaged permanently? Thanks

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

IMHO, you should take it and get it fixed by someone who knows what they are doing. you cannot get it done for free by apple because, upon opening up and disconnecting the battery, you have voided any warranty you may have had. It may cost you quite a bit, though.

What ipod is it? it may be worth investing in a newer one.

Lethal

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

sorry to say it sounds like your battery died it will cost you 79.99 for a new battery installed but because you opened the ipod it will now cost you 120.00 to 200.00 if it can't be fixed

sorry

stupid people shouldn't open there ipods bad idea