1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by forsberg9, Mar 5, 2005.

1. forsberg9

forsberg9 Member

Hey, I have a xecuter 2.6 lite. I just bought a WD 160GB hdd and I am trying to get my xbox to boot with the Auto Installer Deluxe cd in.(I have also tried Slayers V2.6) I burned the cd as an iso using nero and checked to make sure it worked with my old harddrive installed, which it does. When i connect my other hard drive, the error message comes on with the harddrive timeout error 07 in the corner. I have done nothing with the hdd. I basically opened the package, unwrapped it and plugged it in. It was already set on Cable Select. I am using a Phillips DVD-R on my Samsung drive. I don't think it's the media because when I boot my xbox up with the AID DVD, with my old hdd installed it will boot up fine and the program shows up and everything, yet it doesn't boot up with my new 160GB WD hdd. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I don't think it could be the bios? I have an X2 4981.06 bios flashed on the chip and i have the EVOX 3935 build dash on my old hdd.

PLEASE HELP ME. I'M DESPERATE...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

the jumper setting on your WD 160G is wrong. It timed out because it's waiting for a slave device to respond. Check your jumper setting again make sure only CS (Cable Select) is jumpered.

3. forsberg9

forsberg9 Member

It is definitely only Cable Select. I've checked many times.

- Any other suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  4. forsberg9

forsberg9 Member

bump
    any other suggestions?
    any thing you can think of...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005