1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hard drive is dying

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by losses, Aug 10, 2004.

1. losses

losses Guest

well guys my hard drive is dying. sometimes it works sometimes in does not. called microsoft and they told me it will cost me 100 plus shipping which is outrages. anyhow think of just buying a new harddrive but i think you need a mod chip for this. but i also heard you need evolution x which i dont have and am not able to find yet! i do have something called slayer evox auto installer. well i think its the actual thing. also i still plan to but another xbox i still want to play live after all halo 2 is around the corner. it just hurts me to throw away my first one. also my xbox boots up automaticly to live so if i put a mod chip wont microsoft know there is a mod chip on it? i dont want to get kicked out

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Get the alladin advance 64 it only turns on if you hold it for 2 seconds, it is also a very good chip. Slayers is the correct thing it has evo-x on it with other programs(older build of evo-x though). You can just replace the stock hdd with another stock hdd that already has m$ dash on and you wont require a modchip then. But having a modchip is the fun part of the xbox, lol :)

3. losses

losses Guest

how would i install the xbox dash on the new harddrive? i heard you cant replace it just by switching hard drives. apperently there is some code from the original drive that need?

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

No you will have to have a modchip or exploit to use evo-x with all its features and that. You can swap the hdd if you use a exploit or hot swap from another modded xbox. Not sure if you can just swap it or not without anything.