1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hard drive keeps filling up

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ganja7, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ganja7

ganja7 Guest

Hi i have a 20 gigabyte primary hard drive and an another 80 gig drive, i like to keep around 20% free space on my primary drive so there are no problems when i defragment, but my primary drive keeps filling up even though i am not downloading or installing any large files i have deleted temporary Internet files, and cookies is this just normal?. Also i have a large file C:\Documents and settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp that seems to be filled with a lot of junk TMP MST and RRA files some are associated with applications such awasu and outlook express i think this file might be the culprit, can anyone tell me what i can delete from this file or tell me what's going on. I know this is not a big problem but it is making things difficult

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

You can safely delete all folders and files from your TEMP folder that have a creation date before today's date.

Also check your Recycle Bin.

Check your Virtual memory settings. If you have a Windows-managed page file on your primary drive, it may be expanding to occupy a lot of the space. Better to have it a fixed size on your other drive.