1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive not Detected in PC or HDD Enclosure

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tmfloria, Feb 4, 2007.

1. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

I have 2 different Hard Drives that work in other Computers or my PS2 so I know it's not the Hard Drives themselves..

Here is the problem I have a HDD USB Enclosure that a few days ago worked when plugged in.. It would detect the drive and I would be able to get to work with it.. Now the computer isn't detecting the HDD Enclosure on either Hard Drive at all... I can plug in a MP3 Player and it will come up or a flash drive and it will come up so I know it's not the USB Ports (Or so I think it it's not) ...
    But here's the kicker.. If I take the HDD's out of the enclosure and put them in the computer as slave drives the computer won't even turn on.. but as soon as I remove the cable from either one of the HDD's in ? then the computers HDD will kick in and turn on and boot up.. SO At this point even accesssing these drives from the comp itself isn't an option...

Everything was fine a few days ago.. What could it be?

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Were both drives installed at the same time before and they just recently started to give you problems? What type of connections do they use? Is there an OS on both? A Bootloader on both?