1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard drive problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by 83ricky, Mar 17, 2005.

1. 83ricky

83ricky Member

My version 1.0 xbox has a dead hard drive. I have a spiderchip that I'm ready to install but the hard drive is dead. I have another xbox hard drive but can i use that one to replace the dead one and will it work.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you can use the other hd as long as it is unlocked....if the hd is locked it will not work in your xbox....if it is unlocked you can install it into your xbox, and get it setup...once you get it all setup, you will need to lock the new hd.

3. 83ricky

83ricky Member

how can I unlock the hard drive and lock it back for use. I see that the spiderchip cromwell screen has an option to lock and unlock the hard drive but Im not sure if thats the right way to do it.

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

It is the right way to do it but you need to do it on the other xbox where the good had drive came from.

5. 83ricky

83ricky Member

the xbox I got the good hard drive from doesn't work because the power supply is dead. Is there another solution to get the good hard drive to work in the other xbox.

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the hd must be unlocked to move it to a different xbox...i already told you this.

7. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

if the xbox is the same version group ie
    1.0 or 1.1 to 1.5 or 1.6
    then you can use the other power supply to power up the mobo, temp fit the chip, and unlock the drive.
    Or just use that mobo.

8. 83ricky

83ricky Member

one xbox is v1.0 and the other is v1.6

9. tippytip

tippytip Member

Well sounds like to me you are gonna have to buy a new hard drive. Your new hdd cannot be unlocked anyother way than to power up the xbox that it canme out ofand use your chip to unlock it completely. Otherwise you will just have to buy eihter a new power supply or a new hard drive.