1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MMoses999, Jan 29, 2007.

1. MMoses999

MMoses999 Member

I recently ran into a problem with a 200gig hard drive that i have set as a secondary drive in my computer. Whenever my computer goes through the boot phase an error apears "A problem with the Hard Drive has been detected. Consult the troubleshooting section of your user manual." The drive used to work great and i put a ton of movies and backup files their and recently the drive wont show up with a volume nor is it accessible. I've searched around about hard drive failure and recovery tools and went through my user manual but have little luck yet. I've looked a little at disk doctor and am not too sure what i need to do with this program or for that matter if it is what i need. Also i have used another program called "recover my files" and it detects the failed drive and labels it as a physical drive with no volume, however it cant recover movie files. If anyone has a suggestion or idea as to what i may be facing please let me know. I know their are groups who charge to recover files off damaged drives however they are quite pricey and hoped i could handle this myself. If anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks for your time and hope someone can help.

2. timwise

timwise Member

i dont know that much about hard drives, but did u make sure that it was plugged in still and that the jumper was in the right spot or still on? if so i ould say its an internal problem and thats beyond me so good luck anyways!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

it could just be that the hard drive has become corrupt.
    and i am not sure how you could recover the information.
    Possible some other repair or recovery program can do it.
    I know i once deleted a whole folder by accident, which contained movies, and i found a program that was able to recover the folder i deleted. But it was not on a corrupt hard drive.
    And for the life of me i can not remember what the program was. here are some to look into.
    Teckiez Toolkit
    Administrators Pack 2006 Pro
    Norton Utilities
    PC Surgeon
    these two i actually know where you can get them so PM me if you want to give them a shot because it is an invitation only download site.
    Restore My Files Data Recovery V6.01
    Active Partition Recovery V5