1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive question.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by GROfreak, Jun 5, 2003.

1. GROfreak

GROfreak Member

Sup peeps,
    Anyone here upgrade their Hard Drive on their Box? I was wondering if it would be easier to do the backups to the drive locally. Thanks in adv all!

2. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

Don't really understand what you are trying to ask. Locally where?

3. StankTruk

StankTruk Guest

Yes, it is a lot easier to save your games on the HD. It's the only thing you can do unless you have a DVD burner. I have a 120 Gig HD in mine and it works great. Make sure you get one that supports HD Locking if you use Xbox Live. 120 Gig is the biggest you can get unless you want to get complicated about it.

4. Dank

Dank Regular member

yup i got a western digital 120 gig in mine and cant belive i waited this long to do it.. I have a dvd-burner i make back-ups on but i use the HD to play my games.. a lil faster load time and you can just copy the game straight to the HD and then FTP over the file you need to patch and your done...

5. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

Oh you mean backing up games to the hard drive. I thought you meant backing up your original hard drive before the upgrade. If you are talking about backing up games to the hard drive then, yeah it is the best way to do it.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

agreed..

hd backups are the best for speed.. plus you can 'hack' games too (such as doax beach volleyball and nude patches; best looking nude video game ladies yet!! hehe)..

however, i know there were some projects in the works that would allow for hds bigger than 133GBs, but not sure the status of those, anyone know?

peace
    seamonkey420

7. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

I heard that team xecuter is working on a custom PC case for the xbox. I believe I heard something about having room for multiple hard drives and a switch to go between them. I haven't really heard anything about breaking the capacity limit for each hard drive. I was under the impression that it couldn't be done.

8. Bottz

Bottz Member

Anyone know where to get the patchers for DOAX vollyball?

9. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

Are we allowed to give out such information, and what does that have to do with hard drives?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2003