1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive space

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by milviel, Dec 9, 2005.

1. milviel

milviel Guest

I'm about to use rebuilder for the first time and was wondering how much hard-drive space I needed to encode a dvd?

*Nevermind I found the answer. If I'm correct its 17gb.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2005
  2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

between 6 and 15 gig free on a section of your hard drive depending on the size of the files

3. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

holy f*ck thats huge, i have 50 something gig spare but thats rediculous, and this takes a long time aswell, i guess i will be sticking with shrink and recode...

PS: shrink to 5 has scanliness on the ouput (i think thats what its called [lines across the screen])... so i dont use that either and its too complicated (as in not as customisable)

4. milviel

milviel Guest

I can't seem to get the movie to encode. It probably has something to do with how I have CCE configured on dvd-rb. Can someone explain to me how to get the 2.7 trial versions to run on DVD-rb? If not, can someone provide me a link to the 2.67 trial version?

5. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

seeing as how CCE is a *shareware* encoder you are probably better off just using either QuEnc or ReJig, i find they work just as well except maybe alittle slower...

6. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

PM me, and I can email you a copy...

Hanks (HC) is a great free encoder as well...

hank315.dyndns.org/HCbatch_016.zip (of course add http://)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  7. milviel

milviel Guest

Thanks for the input guys! And thanks for helping out telfonmyk.

8. milviel

milviel Guest

I can see the video quality that this software can potentialy deliver, but it just takes too long and produces way too many glitches for it to be reliable. Reluctantly I will have to go back to dvdshrink.