1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard drive that works with vista means?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pollution, Jun 26, 2007.

1. pollution

pollution Regular member

What does it mean when a hard drive says it works with vista? I could not find the answer on google.

These are the two drives I am comparing and the cheaper one works with vista while other doesnt say anything about working with vista.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mpareItemList=N82E16822148108,N82E16822148136

The only reason I could see why one is more expensive is because it has more features that make its production cost more?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the 1 that doesn't state it works for vista probably hasn't been tested on vista whereas the other 1 has been tested.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It seems to be a focus on reliability above anything else, perhaps the 7200.10 might be quieter, can't really think of anything else, the specs on the other drive (7200.9) suggest it'd be faster.

4. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

They both should work with vista. The one that writes perpendicular (did I spell it right?) just writes and reads data from the actual platters differently. I have heard different opinions about them but for the most part they run cool and quiet.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Indeed, even an Ancient 2GB IDE drive should work with Vista, just not install it.