1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive Unlock Help, dead xbox and locked hardrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by lizard825, Mar 4, 2007.

1. lizard825

lizard825 Guest

hi all,
    my friend had a moded xbox with xecuter 3 it had a 300 gig maxtor.
    something went wrong with the xbox, and he threw the xbox away and sent me the hardrive.
    I have a xbox with a xecuter 3 chip in it, and when I install this 300 gig hardrive in my xbox
    it gives a error in the bios screen where I was hoping I could unlock it.
    I have slayers dvd also, but I cannt get the xbox to boot up with this hardrive?
    is their any way possible to unlock this hardrive to be able to use in a computer?
    thank you

2. KillTY

KillTY Member

If you do not have the EEPROM then in my experience the most reasonable option is to pay the (for a <320 GB drive) $25 at http://www.hddunlock.com/ , This is where I got my drive unlocked. It took about 50 minutes for my 120 GB. There is a free download of the software which will tell you if it can unlock your drive or not. Then just buy a Virtual Unlock Card Code.
    This is the cheapest solution I have found, if you know a better one please reply in this thread.
    Good Luck
    Danny