1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hard drive wont boot

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jonesy827, Mar 24, 2005.

1. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

Well, I flashed my EEPROM not knowing that my stock HD would no longer work with the new EEPROM. So now i need to find out how to get it to work with the new eeprom because i cannot find my old one. I found one that I marked as OLD but it was a copy of the new one. I cannot write data to my xbox with slayer's or FTP. Slayer's looks like it works but it takes 2 seconds to install everything. With my chip on I get error 16 and with it off i get error 06. I don't have my old HD key either, So i can't On-The-Fly edit unless someone knows how to make your own. Maybe I could put it in my computer and use FDISK to completely wipe it? I tried to put it in as slave but windows wouldnt boot. (omg my friend just turned on my xbox and sat on the controller and just wiped my entire 80 gig HD...ann of my 15 games..OMG THIS SUCKS) Oh well, anyway I still need live to work. The 80 gig HD is banned and the Stock will work. anyway any suggestions?

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I have never heard of a flash causeing the HD to stop working. Unless you used the wrong flash. Anyway go to the MB makers website. There you should find a list of all the released flashes. You should be able to find the older one that you need. And make sure it is listed for your MB. Do not go to the BIOS maker web site to get the flash.

-Del

3. jonesy827

jonesy827 Member

its ok, I got a new big HD.

thanks