1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hard modding or soft modding?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by forz4gt, Jan 11, 2007.

1. forz4gt

forz4gt Member

hello ok so ive tryed softmodding and i pretty much ruinded my xbox i deleted the wrong files trying to make room and now i cant return it to its normal state. also i just ordered a modchip ofline and was wondering can i mod on halo2 with a modchip? its the exicuter 2.6?

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

The xecuter 2.6 is a great chip.. The place you ordered it from will have a full guide (or should do) for installing it. When installed it will allow you to do just about anything. The first thing you should look into is fitting a larger Hard Drive, the one fitted as stock really isn't up to the job.

You should find plenty of installation info here http://www.xbox-modchips.com/tutorials.html

If the guides now only cover the xecuter3 don't worry..the chips are electrically, and from an installation view exactly the same.

You will need to flash the bios on the ship which will allow you to run any xbox specific software.. x2 bios can be found at www.eurasia.nu.. You will need an account to download..just like signing up for forums and free..and an xbox auto-installer, slayers 2.7, xwizard, bonesx, aid3 etc. Find it on the public torrent sites.. There are plenty of choices.
    Sorry I can't link you directly to any of these items.. The bios can't be linked to for legal reasons, and some of the installers contain roms..obviously we can't direct link to those either.
    If you need any help with this stuff..autoinstallersand bios PM me and I'll help out.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

forz4gt, post in proper forum not in shout boxes or pm's or you'll get hit by lightning!!
    11. Don't abuse private messages -- if your post CAN be posted to public forums, POST IT to public forums. Some of our knowledgeable members receive hundreds of private messages daily and might abandon the site if asking questions through private messages continues.