1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardcoding .srt onto AVI without converting files.

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Cynex, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Cynex

Cynex Member

Is there any software that anyone knows of to hardcode .srt subtitles onto an .avi without having to convert any of the files? Just .srt directly onto .avi and no inbetween.

I know all the other ways, avi>m2v+add subtitles>final output.. blah blah blah. I have absolutly no luck in getting that to work correctly.

I know this has to be possible, cause of the subtitles that are hardcoded onto Animes that are in avi format.

Any help would be appriciated.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Hard encoding means re-encoding. No other way around it. That is like asking how to put your name onto a jpg without resaving.

With anime, they recieve the raw's (either tv or DVD source), translate and then add the subs.

If you want subs without re-encoding then you need to use softsubs. Works fine on PC and on most standalones anyway.

3. Iv3_imt

Iv3_imt Member

hi..
    im new here
    i quite dont get what u guys talk about. coz my english is not very good.
    btw, i have a question.
    I have on my PC .AVI files and their subtitles on .SRT files.
    I'd like to know how i can burn these two kinds of file together into one file only. So i can play them in the normal vcd/dvd player.
    Thank alot

4. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

one thing you have to keep in mind Iv3 is that you do not necessarily need to have your subtitles pasted on the movie (that is "hardcoded") permanently if you have a DVD.

If you create a VCD, then there is no choice because you can not activate or deactivate subs in VCD, but you can do so in DVD.

So, if you plan to burn a DVD disc then keep in mind that... Cheers

5. Bawjawz

Bawjawz Guest

Check the yellow pages under Hogwarts School of Magic.
    ie There is no easy way for your problem (yet!!).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2005