1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

harddrive sale at office depot!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by fishbulb, Jan 20, 2005.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i was in o.d. today getting some of those maxell dvd-r 15 pks for $4.99 and while browsing i noticed they had an 80gb harddrive on sale for $49! no mail-in rebates! actual price. BUT...i was talking to a sales associate about it and he told me that NEXT WEEK they are going to have the 160gb on sale for $89, PLUS a $30 mail in rebate. final cost $59 (plus tax). i didn't see the 80gb sale advertised in their paper. so, just a heads up for anyone looking for a good hd deal.

2. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

Is it at any O.D. cause I could use 1 more 160GB H.D., and til when is the sale

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check to make certain not refurbs & what warranty period on them

4. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

their sales run from sun-sat. the 160gb harddrive will go on sale this sunday the 23rd. and they do not sell refurbished. they are brand new. the 80gb is a maxtor and i believe the 160 is going to be maxtor also. as far as whether it is any office depot, i would assume it is. but like i said, i didn't see the 80 listed in their sale paper. so best thing to do would be call your local o.d. early sun morning to be sure. they don't do layaway or rainchecks but the one i visited said if u want them to hold one for u they will. but this may not be the case w/ every o.d. though.

5. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

just some more info for those interested. first, here are the links to the hd's at officedepot.com so u can see the specs. just remember, the sale prices are not shown here.
    80gb-http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=709864&location_info=SG_3_DV_18_SC_1802002_SK_709864
    160gb-http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=709896&location_info=SG_3_DV_18_SC_1802002_SK_709896
    also, there is a best buy right next door to my office depot and they said they will match competitor's prices if u show them the ad or they can call the other store and ask for the sale price on the item. of course wal-mart does this too but i don't think all wal-marts carry maxtor hd's.
    happy shopping!

6. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

These prices aren't really out of the ordinary. If you monitor techbargains.com you'll see that at least one of the big retailers has these kind of prices each week.