1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardrive has become unreadable......

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by DiNGi, May 27, 2007.

1. DiNGi

DiNGi Member

hey guys about a month or two ago whenever I used to copy files over to my seagate barricuda 300gb hd I would sometimes receive a write failed error. Now when I try to access my hd it says not possible due to being non readable or corrupt. when i check to see how much space i have left it says 0 free 0 taken and file system is RAW.....

ive tried something called 'getdataback' but havent had a successful finish as it just picks up in time and never seems to finish....

have i lost everything on my hd? used the hd with one of those ebuyer saver external caddys, absolutly useless! :(

thanks in advance guys....

2. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

Hi, ughhh though situation. Well there may be the possibility that your HD has failed, it maybe diying slowly from a while ago. Those write failed error are signs that they may be a serious problem with your HD, sectors just start getting corrupt and well there is some point when it will just fail completely and with that all your Data in It, so dont ignore those write erros next time, but whats done its done.

Another important piece of information you should provide us is how long have the HD been at use, and did you ever do an Scan disc to search for corrupt sectors? And did you had your HD completely filled when it failed?

I asumme you tried connecting your HD, in another PC. You could try that just to check if it works.