1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware compatibility issue

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bengeorge, Aug 10, 2007.

1. bengeorge

bengeorge Member

Hey everyone,

I have a Motorola Bluetooth USB Adapter (model D200) that uses a "Generic USB Audio" driver with Vista (32 bit). The adapter does not come with drivers nor are there any on Motorola's web site, it's suppose to be plug and play and use native drivers. Everything works great until I install the Microsoft XBox 360 Receiver for Windows. Once installed, the audio from the bluetooth headphones becomes scrambled static however the usb adapter can still connect to bluetooth devices. I thought it might be a power supply issue so I removed the xbox receiver from the usb support and uninstalled its drivers and the problem still persists. The only way to fix it is to do a system restore. I've gone to the Microsoft site and downloaded the latest driver for the receiver and have done all the windows updates. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I could try?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I had this problem using a USB sound card. When the Wireless 360 receiver went in, all the audio became a fuzzed static-y version of what I should have had.
    All I had to do was change which USB port I used (and not use a USB hub) and then it worked fine.

3. bengeorge

bengeorge Member

I finally figured it out... it appears my power supply was inadequate (HP Pavilion Slimline). I put the two conflicting usb devices on a self powered usb hub and it fixed the problem. My recommendation for anyone running into this problem would be to try different combos of port's with/without hubs to see if that fixes it.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No, it won't be an inadequate power supply, it'll just be a problem with the USB part of your chipset. it's not the power that's solving the problem, it'll be the proper isolation of the signals.

5. bengeorge

bengeorge Member

thanks for the insight sammoris

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No problem - if it was your power supply, you'd have bigger issues.