1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Question

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Feelie88, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Feelie88

Feelie88 Member

I was wondering, and i know this sounds like a stupid question, but is it possible to use xbox 360 hardware with a regular pc? by hardware i mean the processor, gpu, and/or hd dvd player?

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

I don't think it has been done yet or even if it is possible but if that was possible,trying to build a custom 360 with pc hardwares will cost you much more than simply buying the 360 itself,plus you have to be really really that good in stuffs like that to be able to do that,it's so.....complicated.If i should believe from what i've read somewhere,they said that Microsoft is losing money in every 360 they sell,that is,they are selling the 360s cheaper than its real cost.Now i don't know if this sill stands true,maybe they have been able to cut some costs in building the 360 but their main revenue is mostly on licences paid to them by game developers.

Vincent.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  3. dazila

dazila Regular member

360 unlike the Original Xbox islike all of the other consoles its all one as in one board has CPU,GPU,Ram all non removable also I have only played a 360 about 10 times im no pro at the 360 but what you might be able to do if they have (Anyone) gotten The "Linux" OS to run on it I know other consoles do an dthe Ps3 lest you Rund Fedora Core 5 this allows you to use the console like a PC Browse the web like a normal PC run Apps etc......
    but im not sure if anyone worked out a way for the 360 try in the 360 section someone will surely help you.

4. Feelie88

Feelie88 Member

I was just wondering because the 360 has a 3 core processor, a powerful gpu, and hd dvd drives are expensive....if there was a way, i could buy a broken 360 off of ebay and strip it for a custom pc.