1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cidered, Feb 20, 2005.

1. cidered

cidered Guest

If this subject is covered somewhere, many apologies for repeating a question, can someone direct me to the right place.

I am considering binning my cd reader and burner and replacing them with the equivalent dvd equipment...has anyone here got any recommendations for dvd-rom and burners that work well together and with the best results for copying cd-r, cd-rw and dvd(+or-)?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2005
  2. ODMENT

ODMENT Member

Nec 3500 is a Great Burrner 62.00 at newegg.com

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I would get two burners at that price. Especially if you plan on getting a DL burner. Most DVD-Roms don't play DVD+R DL discs. Not to mention that most 16xDVD-Roms under $70 are crap anyway. Like I said, if you plan to spend at least that much anyway, might as well pay for another burner instead of a DVD-Rom.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Nec burners are very good at burning just about anything. However the Pioneers and the LiteOn's are better for ripping a movie to your hard drive. So you could take both the above post's guidance and get a Nec DVD burner and a LiteOn DVD burner, and you should be good to go. I will provide a link to 2 very good proven drives.
    [​IMG]http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-960&depa=1
    [​IMG]http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-152-039&depa=1

Both of those are under $60