1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone on here personally run mac os x on there xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by trav_555, Feb 2, 2008.

1. trav_555

trav_555 Member

if so how did it go, also is there other operating systems other than linux that i can run on my xbox, also if no other operatin systems is there a way i can run .exes?

thanks

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Yes.. I ran mac osx for about 10 minutes.. It's waaay to slow to do anything with, just like xp.

Remember your ram limitation.. 64MB doesn't really allow anything but small linux.

You could run winslows 98 I suppose, but who in their right mind would want to? I did eventually manage to get XP to run.. it was.. open a window.. go and make a coffee.. start a browser.. have you got 10 minutes??

Don't reinvent the wheel, Xebian does a great job.. only problem is it's getting really old so the packages of apps are now in the repository archives. The boot method for xebian should allow you to run any linux you want.. remembering the limited ram. Most modern full distros need 128MB minimum to run the installer, so you need to work out another way to get it on.

You could try wine.. it's a linux thing, but I think you will run into huge problems with old libs.. especially the version of libc6 in xebian.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2008
  3. trav_555

trav_555 Member

to be honest ive never even seen linux in operation. are there any places that tell you what it can do and stuff and how to install it much appreciated

thanks