1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone solved the sync problem yet?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by talosian, Mar 5, 2006.

1. talosian

talosian Member

I have d/l a TV show episode and it is on my HD in .avi format. When I play it on the computer (no conversion to DVD or anything else) there is a really bad sync issue, maybe literally 3-4 full seconds between visual and audio.

Is it possible to screw up the sync if while the show is in d/l using another program? Problem is it can take 2+ days to d/l the 350MB file.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

2. philraz

philraz Regular member

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If it really is out of sync, probably another group released a proper.

4. dvdfreak1

dvdfreak1 Regular member

another good program i use to fix sync problems that works great is NANDUB.it does it pretty fast too.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i use a free easy app called avi-mux GUI load the avi to top window (drag and drop) then highlight that file, then underneath that click stats tab...

it will load stats to bottom window, you highlight that then on the right will tell you the ms delay in aduio sync etc and you just click START (saves file - corrected...)

easy peasy...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  6. Johnah

Johnah Member

Thanks Rotary for the tip by using avi-mux GUI. I've been looking at different forums for a quick way to sync my audio, lots of them long and confusing. I've used VirtualDubMod but was still getting sync problems. Avi-mux not only synced correctly but the audio sound came out much clearer.
    BTW - I had a 10 seconds delay (audio came on before the video).
    Can I also add that to work out the delay in milliseconds, that 1 second = 1000 milliseconds (ms). My Audio synch was 10 seconds so 10 x 1000 = 10000 ms. This is my delay. I hope this helps others.

Thanks Again

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

nice one Johnah, its good to see people work things out with a little help, we all need abit now and again thats why i hang around here...

been here awhile now ;-])

just passing it forward (like the film)

that app i think can do a lot more like jioning etc need to find some guides on it....

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  8. sirminder

sirminder Member

Hello,

Thank you for the info on this program Rotary. I am also having sync issues with an avi file when using AVI2DVD. The original avi has the audio slightly ahead when played. But when I use AVI2DVD, the delay gets worse to about almost 1 1/2 sec towards the end. The problem remains regardless which encoder I use. Once the AVI2DVD is done, I check the files in DVD Shrink to verify sync without having to burn to dvd.

But then I came across this thread and found something useful. AVI MUX GUI sure delayed the audio, but after 35 minutes the sync begins all over again. Im thinking I may have to cut up the avi into pieces and avoid long clips.

Any other suggestions? Sorry if this does not make much sense...I need sleep.

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

may just be a dodgy avi to start with? have you done many avi's and this is a one off?

10. 223322

223322 Guest

Just browsing through your posts. Very interesting. Rotary let me ask you this regarding avi-mux. I put a couple of downloaded avis at the top, right? She's flying along when suddenly the process stops and it says bad header blah, blah, blah. Have you come across this? How can I fix this?

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi were you jioning them?

12. 223322

223322 Guest

That was my plan yes.

13. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you need virtualdubmod

open first avi then go to video tab and tick "direct stream copy" then go to file tab and click "append segment" then open second avi, then save as...

(thats all according the avis match each other? video/audio) if they dont i am not sure how to get over that?

14. sirminder

sirminder Member

Thank you for the advice. Ill take a look at virtual dub. It just so happens that I did a google search for splitting avi and virtual dub came about with a little how-to. The only question I have about virtual dub is, can you see the content of the avi so you know where exactly you are making the cut? Is it like the trim feature in DVDShrink? Just so you know, this is for 13 avis that are the first season of prison break. I will be converting these for dvd playback but may have to split them all up.

15. sirminder

sirminder Member

Nevermind the question...I hadn't downloaded virtual dub at the moment I was typing my last post. All good now. Thanks again.

16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

thats yes and kool np...

17. 223322

223322 Guest

Sorry Rotary this might be dumb question but do I follow the same procedure you just outlined if I want to join 3 clps together? Because thats where the problem has been. Like I've been able to join 2 files toghether most of the time but when I try to put the third audio/video is out of sync. thx mate!

18. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

not tried 3 but i would try apened segment on number 3 and number 4 then save as?

19. 223322

223322 Guest

You mean append 1 and 2 together then save then append joined 1 and 2 to part 3 right?

20. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yeah could try that way? or try append all avis before save as....

which ever works out best, maybe better for audio sync different ways?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006