1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone used Plexor AV100U

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by andhrite, Aug 19, 2004.

1. andhrite

andhrite Guest

I saw the plextor AV100U for capturing analog input and am looking to buy it. Just wanted to check if anyone else used it here.

If yes, Please let me post how it is working for you. Are you able to get the TV/VCR/Camcorder programs converted to digital format successfully? I saw one post that audio is wokring well. Please post your experiences.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t have one But I have seen a Few Posts about this device on this Forum from other users...
    I have heard of problems getting the audio working and have heard of Sync problems which is fairly Common with USB Devices...

Generally USB devices aren"t the Best Devices, you will usually get Much better results if you use a Internal PCI capture Card as a PCI Slot has Much more Bandwidth than a USB 2.0 Port so it can transfer more Video information....
    You should only go for a USB device if you have a Laptop in which case you don"t have much of a Choice accept for USB or Firewire....

So if you have a PC then you should maybe look into getting a PCI TV Tuner Card with a 10Bit decoder Chip which would produce better results with less problems and for Probably cheaper than most USB devices...

Cheers