1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone used the ATI all in wonder as a DVR?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by slaphappy, Feb 27, 2005.

1. slaphappy

slaphappy Member

im thinkin about making a dvr from an old computer and was wondering if the ATI would be viable? it seems from reading their product details that it comes with the guide+ software so i wouldnt have to subscribe to a listing service like TIVO. any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    Rich

2. BruceLH

BruceLH Member

Rich.. I have an ATI like yours, but have been too busy to use it. More questions than answers, for awhile.
    My initial interest is to capture some of the very short motion videos that are found at web pages by
    clicking the url.
    I have no hint, so far.
    Bruce

3. monte530

monte530 Guest

I have that ... and I have produced many video's..
    the capture device is an excellent one, I had another one which was twice as expensive but didn't capture as well at tha ATI ..

My personal opinion of it, is not as important as the software you use to do it with.
    I have three capture softwares and the one which came with ATI is the least in features..

I use Studio 9 and my Nero 6 Ultma as the main capture software programs..

I do not find any problem with the device.

I got the pci internal one..

I have captured files from VCR, TV, and DVD players..

They all came out just as good as the source if not better than the vhr tapes.

4. BruceLH

BruceLH Member

shucks! Well, Monte, are you saying ATI can do it or do you prefer those others?
    And... last night I was able to get the "line in" to work.. but I can't find what it takes to get the mic input to work. The "Mixer" doesn't include a vol control for mike. Can you help me?

5. slaphappy

slaphappy Member

well i dont plan on producing anything i just want to record tv shows and burn them to dvd to watch later.

6. BruceLH

BruceLH Member

Not been there, yet, Slaphappy. Strangely have had the ATI since last July, but in a new PC ..been spending all my time transferring files from the old.
    Does your ATI have the coax input? I understand some
    versions of ATI do not have it.

7. monte530

monte530 Guest

did you connect a double 1/8 inch tip wire to your sound card? the wire should have come in your ATI wonder card..

8. BruceLH

BruceLH Member

Monte the line input is a double because of stereo. But the mike input is just a single.
    It's an eighth inch mono jack.
    The "mixer panel" lacks a volume control for the mike input. There's one for the "line" input, and it works fine.
    Both input jacks are among those on the ATI sound card.