1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Nero lost it's lead? Not sure which one to buy - they all look bad

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by enginman, May 11, 2015.

1. enginman

enginman Member

I need to switch my machine to Win 7 and need a new version of Nero. I use NERO Express currently which does everything I want it to - namely burn CDs and DVDs. Looking at every new version of their software, however, it seems there are more negative comments than positive with many saying, for each version, that it's junk and don't buy it. I don't need all the bells and whistles in something like 2014 or 2015 Multimedia Suite or Platinum, I just wanna burn discs with it. One user here has reccomended Nero 10 but that seems to have as many detractors and negative comments as any other version. What about Nero 10 Essentials? The main comments there are that to do much of anything you are prompted to upgrade. I'm lost as to what to do...or leave Nero altogether for something else. Your advice is appreciated.

EM

2. aldan

aldan Active member

seems there have been negative comments for years about nero,mainly for their customer service tho.ive still got nero 8 on my win7 machine but use it very rarely.ive used dvd flick and winx dvd author more than nero.there are a lot of free alternatives out there for what you want.ddp usually has a few good ones to tout.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

i got my version 10 ultimate from a torrent,gotta be careful there's a few with viruses

4. ehvbadboy

ehvbadboy Member

why not use imgburn i use it for a few years now its simple its free and no problems .for dvd and cd