1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate being a newbie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GeoHound, Dec 22, 2002.

1. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

So it worked ?

you wrote :-

but is there still a way to just throw the extra features on 1 dvd and the movie on the other, or is this the only way?

You can consider the "extras" as "mini" movies, so why they are realtively small in terms of playing time, and file size, you need a "menu" to control and manage them. You could rip them in exactly the way I described, but putting them back together on a single disc will need an "Authoring" package. You need to know what formats you can create your "mini movies", then find out which authoring package supports those formats.

Typically, when I do my main movie encodes, my video format is *.m2v and the audio is *.ac3. I then you Spruce Up to pull it all together.

Thinking about it, I don't think you could rip them in the same was as I have just shown you, because we stuck to the VOB format.

You need to do a bit more digging. Extras and menus is definately advanced stuff.

HomerJ

2. T2K

T2K Guest

Yes I would like to hear more about the technical aspects of authoring.

I heard that Macintosh has the best and easiest
    Authoring software there is. I think its called final cut or something,
    They announced it with the recent Mac world event in San Francisco.
    I could of went to that event but I know absolutely nothing about Macs and I know every thing about pc’s so there was no point in going. I love my pc.

3. GeoHound

GeoHound Member

I wanted to post back up in this thread. I wanted to know how to backup a vhs tape to dvd without having to buy other capturing devices. I have an all-in-wonder 7500 for capturing, the following programs I have are ulead video studio, my dvd, and a couple others I can't remember at the moment. Oh and Homer about those mini movies again I didn't really understand how to get them out, what is a good dvd authoring software? Thanx again everyone

4. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

GeoHound,

Apologies for not responding sooner, been a bit busy lately.

I use Smartripper. You can use it to select any "VOB set" something like VTS_02.....

Rip all the one with the same number, then use Ifoedit (what a great programme) to create new ifos, get VTS sectors, bingo.

Job done.

HomerJ