1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hauppage WinTV HVR900 USB --- opinions?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Troll2009, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Troll2009

Troll2009 Member

I know a lot of people say the PCI option is better, but I'm looking at doing some simple recording and ao the Win TV HVR900 USB looks fine for me. Just a few questions though:
    Can it be used in comjunction with the SKY Plus box (UK replies)?
    If I use a SCART splitter to hook the box to my PC can I still operate the box independently from my TV while still recording on the PC?
    Finally, is there anyone out there who would scream NO! DON'T GET THE USB!!?
    Thx for any replies.
    TH

2. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

I can only answer the last question. There are those who will tell you PCI is the only was to go, but I use a USB capturing device from my vcr to pc using NERO as my software. I've done this for about 2 years now and it's been great for me!

Sorry I can't answer your more pertinent questions.

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

These things seem to work 60% of the time.. and they are the only thing I actually recommend nero 8 for.. that seems to do a pretty good capture (only bit of the bloatware that does actually do what it says on the tin)

yeah.. they work.. and hauppage know how to make these devices. might have some driver finding fun.. but nero and it should just work driver or no XD

4. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Regular member

The Hauppauge PVR 950Q USB is simply awful. From reception to encoding to crashing the system -- whatever could go wrong, did. This has been echoes many times in various sites online, including Hauppauge's own forums.

Beware.

Yes, the PCI options are much better.