1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have I messed up my moddedbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by laroc1, Sep 8, 2006.

1. laroc1

laroc1 Member

problem 1

I managed to mod my xbox a while ago and was tring to load up some emu's. I got some ofthe working and deleted the files that I didn't need and I think some othe files.

Now when I power on the xbox the screen starts to load and the unleach logo flashes repeatedly every 2 second and when I insert a game to play it goes to error 21 This only used to flash twice and then it went onto the unleash menu for playing games or emu or dvd. The only way i can play a game is to insert a game and then power off the xbox the power it on then the game loads and plays.

I was reading that it is possible to ftp using a PC if I was able to disconnect the hard drive cable just when the green xbox logo flashes on the screen. Is this trues and would I correct my problem.

Problem 2

I have another xbox that I can only play I game on it and all the other games dont load. would the machine cd tray be dusty

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

problem 1
    Sounds like you deleted files that UnleashX needs for it to run properly. Am I right to assume that you softmodded it? If so, then load up the exploit save game you used and FTP a new version of UnleashX to your hard drive to try and fix it. Otherwise, you'll have to hot swap or install a mod chip to fix it...

problem 2
    If it can only play one game, either the lens is really dirty or your DVD drive is crapping out. Try running a lens cleaner through it and see if it'll read it or not. If it doesn't read, then you'll have to clean it manually by opening up the DVD drive and cleaning the lens off with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol. If choose to use the Q-tip method, be very careful since you could potentially do more damage if you apply too much pressure or scratch the lens.