1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have I screwed up my EuroVoz Max 2008?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by BenEadir, Aug 23, 2008.

1. BenEadir

BenEadir Member

Hi all,

I've had my EuroVox max 208 for a few months and updated the firmware a couple of months ago.

Since then I've lost a few channels (CH4 etc) and so I did a "Clear Data" in config followed by a powerscan today to get them back. Long story short is I now only have 103 channels instead of the >130 I had previously and am missing Setanta Sports 1 etc etc. I'm scanning from 001mhz all the way to 999mhz on 6.887 baud with frequency steps of 8.

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong? I'm in Dublin South on N*L.

I have also been unable to get the EPG timing so sync at all reacently despite trying the unplug-set time-turn GMT off trick several times.

Regards,

Ben

2. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Hi Ben,
    I did answer you here,

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/694740#4227621

Your not doing anything wrong by what you said, although no need to scan from 001 to 999, In future start it from 290.00 to 420.00 you wont find channels out side of these freq's, makes the scan process much quicker.

Have you tried scanning from where the feed comes into your house therefore cancelling out any splitters?

Also do you have your internal booster turned on?

3. BenEadir

BenEadir Member

Hi HiTeck,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm scanning direct from the main cable, no splitters involved.

How many channels should I be getting and why would a splitter make any difference?

Regards,

Ben

4. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I have just checked a CDF from eamos and according to that you should get around 138 TV channels and 38 radio stations.

A splitter can cause signal strenth to be lower than when connected to the direct feed.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  5. BenEadir

BenEadir Member

HiTeck,

I'm not using a splitter and I've rescanned several times with the same result of 103 channels.

What can I be doing so wrong?

Ben

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  6. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

What firmware are you running?

Press Menu-Config-System Info then ok

Type back what it says in there.

7. BenEadir

BenEadir Member

Model: DVB-XC BoxV TDA
    S/W Ver: 1.0 STC4 Apr 18 2008
    H/W Ver: 2.0t K5
    Bootstrap: v001
    S/W Build: Kuro

The "Update in progress" message I was getting on some channels has now gone so the problem seems to be I'm only getting 103 of the 137 channels I should be getting when I do a powerscan, in particular I know I'm missing Setanta Sports 1.

8. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Sorry for the late reply, How is your signal strength on average, go through a few of you channels and on each channel press info twice. let us know what the strength is? %

9. SG8

SG8 Active member

Why not just download the N*L cdf file for dublin onto your box ?

10. BenEadir

BenEadir Member

HiTeck, SG8, thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was away for a couple of days.

The signal strength seems to be consistently between 80% and 85% depending on the channel. Is that good enough? I'm at the end of a long cable run for N*L so have always felt my signal was just about good enough but nothing more. Is there anything I can do about that?

SG8, how do I download the N*L cdf file for dublin and what do I do with it? I assume I flash it over to the EuroVox but is there instructions anywhere on how to do it?

Regards,

Ben

11. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

12. BenEadir

BenEadir Member

Thanks HiTeck, I'll give it a go at the weekend.

Are the signal strength figures OK in your experience?

Ben

13. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Your signal strength is fine at that. as sg8 said the CDF should help you out but always a last resort when trying to explain it to others.

Good luck with it any probs pop back in ;)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  14. BenEadir

BenEadir Member

HiTeck,

Forgive me for obviously being a thickko here. I cleared the channel data (didnt do a full factory reset though), connected my PC to the box, launched the UFL MAX V v1.0 software downloader, browsed until I found the CDF file you gave me the link to, hit the top download button , waited for the download to finish and then hit exit once the "Downloading is Successful" message popped up. Nothing seemed to be happening and I didnt have any favourites listed so I noticed there was a second "Download" button located between the "Upload" and "Edit" below the channel data file box so I hit that and it quickly seemed to do the trick and download the CDF file to the box.

The prblem now is when I power off the box and power it back on again it starts with "736A" on the four digit green display at the front of the box and the only buttons on the remote control which now work are the channel up and down buttons, the volume up & down button and the power on/off button.

Most disturbingly of all ALL channels are now showing the Animal Planet channel. HELP!!

15. BenEadir

BenEadir Member

Panic over.

Downloaded the CDF file again and instead of hitting the top Download button hit the bottom download button and all seems fine.

Why on earth would anyone design software with two buttons with the same description which seem to do very different things?

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

Ben

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  16. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

No probs Ben, BTW The top download button is for downloading the Firmware, the bottom is for the CDF.

17. BenEadir

BenEadir Member

Hi HiTeck & SG8,

Hope you guys are keeping well and fighting the good fight!!

I've been steadily losing channel signals sinvce you sorted me out back in August. All kinds of channels are simply diaplaying the "no signal" message followed by the "searching for signal" message but never actually recover the signal e.g. Sky Premier, Setanta 1 etc.

What do you guys suggest I do? I have a MaxV. Should I download a newer version of the firmware (last updated back in June) using the UFL MAX V v1.0 software I downloaded previously or do I just need to download a new CDF file? The channels I do have appear to have strong consistent signals with no stuttering/blocking so I guess it's not a signal strength issue but when I did powerscan previously I was only getting a limited number of channels hence I downloaded the CDF file which fixed the problem then but I've been losing channels steadily since.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ben

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  18. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Try Sc0users new CDF Here.

Edit, Do a factory default then power the box off then on before DOWNLOADING this CDF ;) Good luck mate.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  19. BenEadir

BenEadir Member

Hi HiTeck,

No joy I'm afraid.

downloaded the new CDF, did a facgory reset (didn't let it do the powerscan afterwards), powered it off at the mains, turned back on, connectd up my laptop, launched the MaxV UFL, browsed to the new CDF,and hit the lower download button. Eurovox reacted as it should did a quick "updating channel information" and I had all the channels back but still no signal on the same ones.

Any other ideas?

Ben

20. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Are the channels there but just showing a black screen? or any other message?