1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have video on PC and want to make DVD or VCD

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ammo1, Jun 25, 2002.

1. ammo1

ammo1 Member

Hi, i have recorded on my digital video camera footage and placed it on my PC for editing. I have been able to convert to VCD but it is very poor quality. Is there a better way to get a good quality dvd or vcd from this footage?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

DVD is useless unless you have a DVD writer. And of course if you have one, you should always use DVD instead of other formats because of the superb quality.

But a very, very good alternative way is to make SVCDs out of your DVs by using DVD2SVCD package (which, of course, can be downloaded from our site) which, as well as having a possibility to convert DVDs to SVCDs, allows conversions from DV material to SVCDs. For best possible quality/cd ratio, I recommend storing appx. 40mins of video to one 80min CD in SVCD format.

For more info about formats, etc visit:

http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/

3. ammo1

ammo1 Member

Thanks but i have a few more questions if you have the time. First The DV i have is either on my video camera or on the computer in an avi format. I have a fire wire connection to the DV Camera. Is it better or possible to make the SVCD from the camera or the computer avi file. Also you gave the impression you can change the quality of the svcd is that true or not. And is VCD worse quality than SVCD. thank you so much in advance

Adam