1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have vob files - now what????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tang1, Jan 10, 2005.

1. tang1

tang1 Member

Howdy,

I have successfully backed up alot of dvds using dvd shrink and/or dvd decryptor with nero.

I have now come to a stand still with this dvd i am trying to back up now.

When I try and open disc in Dvd Shrink i get an invalid dvd navigation structure error. If i try to re-author it, i can select the drive and it brings up video_ts file, but when I click on that there is nothing there for me to select.

So then i tried Dvd Decryptor. I get a poosible RCE protection found error. I select Australia & Ok, then i select File and Movie Files Only. I end up with VTS_06_0.ifo
    VTS_06_1.vob
    VTS_06_2.vob
    VTS_06_3.vob
    VTS_06_4.vob.

From these files i can watch and hear the dvd on nero showtime without any problems. So now i need to get them on to a dvd disc. Dvd Shrink won't let me select them - it says failed to open file c:\video_ts\video_ts.ifo. Have tried Nero a number of different ways - and still no luck :(

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what i have done wrong, or what to do or try next????

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2005
  3. tang1

tang1 Member

Thanks for replying gringle - they are really great guides. I tried to use NeroVision Express - make dvd with audio - but when it came time to process audio, i got an audio error.

So, I have been reading the forum constantly and one thread i came across mentioned ifoedit, and how to use it. So i did exactly what was written and i have ended up with a beautiful back up of the dvd. Yippee.......