1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have x3 no clue what to do

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by gmara13, Nov 1, 2004.

1. gmara13

gmara13 Member

i have an x3 installed and do not know what to do my friend gave me Evox but i dont get this flashing crap please help

2. teknickle

teknickle Guest

You aren't providing much information (like what you want to accomplish, what your tech knowledge level is, etc).

Those are important in order to steer you in the right direction and not get you in over your head.

If you haven't decided what to do with your Xbox, there are a LOT of things to do. A couple of mine are dedicate Linux media boxes that stream movies, pics and rip DVD video. I can also web browse from there or you can install word processors and other applications for productivity.

You can install game emulators so that you can play Atari 2600, Nintendo and Sega games on an Xbox (yes, it's true and doesn't lock up like my 2600's in the basement do).

I think that most people end up modding their xboxes to play 'backups' of their games. Sometimes they do this by installing a much larger hard drive and storing the games there.

So, figure out what you are trying to do and we can send you in the right direction.

3. gmara13

gmara13 Member

ok im sorry man. as for my tech level with modchips its as low as posible.i would probobly want the emulator stuff but some of the other stuff i dont know what it is like"Linux media boxes that stream movies, pics and rip DVD video".
    thanks

4. gmara13

gmara13 Member

and the backups would be cool too

5. woodyj21

woodyj21 Member

hey,

I am looking at purchasing a mod chip. would like to go on the economical side. im an electronic tech so soldering isn't a problem. i need 2 things though. 1) i would like suggestions for an inexpencisve chip, w/ all the options listed for each chip i don't know what is what and what is not important. 2) if i purchase a chip that is not preflashed, will i need any type of "programmer" to make my chip usable? thanks for any answers.