1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you seen this? "Cant load P3 package.dll"

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Helamann, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Helamann

Helamann Guest

I was so excited, I going to make my first mpeg1 with tmpgenc, I read the step by step did it all even added the plug in vfapi, well i get to step of encoding the dtv file and the audio wav file and hit start button and the error "Cant load p3 Package.dll" comes up and I can go no further, Any ideas from the Dvd to vcd Gods? thanks

2. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

It sure can be confusing.

There was a major change in TMP from version 2.56.39.143 to 2.57.41.146, something to do with the Direct Show filters I think. Myself, I use the older version 2.02.31.119, a version which didn't incorporate these changes, and it recognizes .d2v files right off the bat.

In your TMPGEnc directory, you should see a batch file, Helamann, called 'TMPGEncVFP_Install.bat'. Be sure to run it. (There is a complimentary Uninstall.bat file as well).

The "Can't load P3 Package.dll" is curious too. My TMP folder has a 'P4Package.dll' file in it. (???)

Barring a new download & install of TMP from the download section, try running that batch file first (if you can find it), and see if it helps. Good Luck.

-- K.A. --