1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

havent been able to burn a single DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by XmoogooX, Aug 19, 2003.

1. XmoogooX

XmoogooX Member

I'm using windows XP, Nero 6, and DVD Xcopy. I pop in the DVD, copy it with Xcopy and then when it comes time to burn it freezes, and when i ctrl+alt+delete it says that the program is not responding. Any suggestions??

I have the new NEC +/- drive btw, and Ritek 4x media

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Try copying with DVDxcopy, and when the copy is done. Go to your Temp folder, find the DVDxcopy folder. Move the Audio and Video folders to a new folder somewhere on you C drive, then close DVDxcopy. Then open Nero and burn these folders to a DVD. This alwasys works as it is the method I always use. I still don`t trust DVDxcopy to reconize my DVD burner correctly.

3. XrichardX

XrichardX Member

Also, when you rip the image to your HD, send it to a file named VIDEO_TS. This part is essential to make sure your backup works on a standalone player.

4. Matador

Matador Regular member

dvd x copy is gayyyyyy..Use dvd decrypter and make an iso to ur HDD.Then use Clonedvd by elbys to cutoff the extras/sub/ect....And it should work...

p.s. u won't see that horrible X screen again..

5. mice

mice Member

I agree with matador. Use anything else but Xcopy! DVD Shrink is free, and evalution versions of Alcohol 120% or RecordNow Max to burn, are available.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

DVD Shrink and Record Now Deluxe are all you really need for DVD Copying. BUt it if you want to spend $99 on DVD X Copy, thats up to yourself :)

7. jonnydoe.

jonnydoe. Member

I concur with above, and recordnow deluxe seems to cure a lot of compatibility issues with standalones compared with nero..

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, i noticed that when i cahged over to it. Also, Nero always through up closing errors.

9. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

This interests me ?;-)
    Are we speaking english or Stella Artoisish - [bold]lol [/bold]

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Nah man, i meant throws up, oops. Whenever i use Nero it throws up a Closing Disc error, no matter what size the data to be burnt is. When i changed to Record Now Deluxe, it didnt! THats all i meant. My Keyboard is Dislexic ya see!

11. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I know most don`t like DVDxcopy, But since the question was how to get it to work I stayed on it. But it does have problems and is not the freeware version. There are other methods, but if you spend the money, you should try to get it to work.

12. XmoogooX

XmoogooX Member

thanks for the input guys!

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

XmoogooX, did you get it working or did you switch to the Decrypter, shrink, Nero method?

14. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

Prisoner, why use Decrypter at all? Couldn't you just use shrink?

15. kent10

kent10 Member

Hi there,
    i just got a computer that is able to burn dvd's but i can't seem to download the decryptor software-any advice for a beginner or a quick run through of what i need to do would be appreciated. thanks

16. herbsman

If your not able to d/l DVD Decrypter cos Afterdawn is saying that you need to set your refferer options then just go to Google & type in DVD Decrypter...

17. kent10

kent10 Member

herbsman-thanks but after i download the decryptor what do i need to do to transfer the file-i have roxio 5 and it says the dvd is protected, whats the next step?

18. herbsman

When you rip/unencrypt with either DVD Decrypter or SmartRipper it'll be region free & unprotected (although some warning screen(s) like on the original may very well remain if you do a Full Disk instead of Movie Only)

In Decrypter or SmartRipper take what VOB BUP IFO files you need (depending on Full Disk or Movie Only) and press start. If using Decrypter check the options & select 'ignore read errors' as it's not checked as standard.

I'd suggest reading a few more threads on this forum as your asking questions that have been covered hundreds of times...

19. XmoogooX

XmoogooX Member

Prisoner - will mess around with it today and post the outcome. thanks again.