1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a problem FTP to xbox

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Xoxkroniik, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Xoxkroniik

Xoxkroniik Newbie

Hey guys

I’ve FTP my xbox before and now recently I cannot seem to get it to link up with my computer.

I keep getting a “waiting for welcome message” UGGH why is this ?

I’m using a crossover cable method, and it doesn’t want to work for me

I have attached some pics of my xbox settings screen and my computer screen. I have tried FileZilla and flashfxp and nothing has seemed to work. I can ping to my xbox and it shows that it’s receiving it. But I cannot connect to it. I have had it connected couple years back to add Emulators and ISO’s.

Is it my windows firewall or have I done something wrong ?

Thanks!

2. Xoxkroniik

Xoxkroniik Newbie

3. Xoxkroniik

Xoxkroniik Newbie

Anyone have an idea on this ?

4. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

5. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Any progress?

Xoxkroniik likes this.
  6. Xoxkroniik

Xoxkroniik Newbie

Thanks,

I have used the first step on using a crosscable with no luck.
    I’m gonna have to search for my other router that worked before. A shame a doesn’t work with a crossover cable. The computer detects the connection but cannot FTP the Xbox ...
    Weird..

7. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Did you find your other router?

8. technoob

technoob Member

I had a similar problem, first I connected the XBox to PC directly with non-crossover ethernet cable... fail (kinda a beginner mistake, so I've read).
    Then I tried again, with a router (connected both PC and XBox to the router with 2 normal ethernet cables), used Unleashed dashboard, went to "network settings" then "start FTP", consulted the guide about FlashFXP and it was able to connect. Too bad I got a 4GB hd so what I did was just a backup.

Oh, of course I disabled windows Firewall (you must check all the tabs in the Control Panel > Windows Firewall, the LAN connection may be firewalled so you have to uncheck it in the last tab)

9. Xoxkroniik

Xoxkroniik Newbie

I am going to start doing this with a router...also I havn't found my router yet, but i do know its somewhere around the house. Ill keep you guys posted thanks for messaging in this topic. I am going to try tonight to look for it.

technoob likes this.
  10. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

In dash you need to set to "static" and then make sure you have no IP conflicts.. also check the subnets carefully.. some windoze machines just don't play nice.. seems more to do with network card than anything else..

Seem to remember back in the day having all hell with filezilla and flashfxp.. but cuteftp and wsftppro worked a charm.. swapped to linux about that time.. no more hassles.. at all

11. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

filezilla works for me fine on all of them so long as you set transfer to binary or you'll run into issues. However others have had issues with crossover works while using a switch or modem won't & vice versa. Then again pc's & xbox's are fickle frak'n things

You don't need dns server do you i thought you only need the first 3

12. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

y'know something Scorp.. this is how weird it can get.. my old P3 would connect seamlessly.. could just open the xbox like any networked drive and use explorer to do everything.. even stick exe's and anything and use the xbox as a remote networked drive.. whereas my pals amd64 running exactly the same install of xp pro (yup.. nasty pirate people we were) just wouldn't have it at all.. weeks and weeks I tried to get it to work the same way my ancient clunker did.. no chance ended up using ws ftp pro (hookey as always) and it was a treat.. That flashfxp was a picky sod.. seemed to be better on the 1.3/1.6 boxes but the 1.1/2 beasts would play up.. and drop the transfer half way through and crap like that..

Still think the best laugh was the roms for the emulators.. all those invalid characters... great fun sitting for literally hours renaming a batch of 3000 or so snes roms so they would transfer.. and then have xp go and crash and lose all the changes.. heh heh heh heh. lol

13. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Yeah there's nothing worse than having to rename a bunch of stuff because some asshat decided to be one. XP deserved to be pirated with that blasted activation nonsense just coz you change a stick of frak'n ram

ps355528 likes this.
  14. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

wot?.. there was a legit licensed version of XP??.. well I never.. what sorcery is this??

15. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Would've helped if i knew before i purchased copies of the stupid thing lol. There's quite a few torrents of them however i suspect most are virus laden or buggy as. i tried a few last year for their themes to extract in a vm. of the 7 or so i got hold only 1 seemed to be stable & not an issue spy wise.

I did have a text ? thing that modded the registry to allow bypass of activation. I think it now resides on an hdd that i need to take in & get the platters switched over or the electrics (electrics had failed on it) to a functioning hdd. Must get around to that this year

16. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

you ain't having my working activation.. lol.. just came across all of that earlier digging about in the depths of a backup directory on a drive I forgot about