1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having a problem with little black book not RE2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Pagehim, Jan 3, 2005.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Recode is in nero startsmart if you have nero ultra 6. However DvdCopy 3 will do it, it just doesn't rip without help. Like ripping to your hard drive with decrypter(use the above link and get the newest version) and then use those files in Copy 3 or running anydvd in the background and just open Copy 3. Anydvd has a 21 day trial, you might want to give it a shot, it's indispensible on my PC.

You'll face the same problem in recode, it, like DvdCopy 3, will also need help to rip the DVD. BTW, Copy 3 is a better app than recode altho I do like recode. Copy 3 has better quality and is much faster!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  2. glmfem

glmfem Member

Using DVD Decrypter I got the movie saved but when its done and I try to burn it to a DVD it won't give me that option. So, I opened the image file with DVD shrink and when I click backup, I get a messaging saying it's too big for the folder. What can I do?

3. Draygin

Draygin Guest

when i click ok on anydvd it does nothing im i suppose to use any other software with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

phil

Phil,

In your settings on any dvd click on the last feature removal or Copy protection based on ureadable sectors. Works with Clone DVD, Nero recode, and from e-mails, I'm finding few that it does not work with.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

glmfem,

after you open shrink with your files from decrypter, click on + mark at main movie, you will see 2 titles. One fullscreen and one widescreen. (you can check them out in the preview window below to see which is which)ClicK on fullscreen and on the right side click on the drop down menu and choose still image.

That's it. You now can go to backup and choose your burner, etc. You will have a fully functional DVD with the widescreen version and a working menu with all bonus features, and good quality.

5. glmfem

glmfem Member

Still having trouble. I only have widescreen selected and it's still too large. What should I do?

6. glmfem

glmfem Member

I get a error message saying DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. There is not enough space on your target drive!

7. DVD_DVD

DVD_DVD Guest

I tried using the newest version of DVD Decrypter and was able to rip the files but only the first VTS_10_1.VOB and the last VTS_10_4.VOB files have sound the other 2 do not have sound.
    Does this happen me only?
    Have you guys check all the files? If not, please do before proceed any further or you will waste all those hours...

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I used dvd decrypter first with nero recode 2(wide screen) and then dvd decrypter and shrink(full screen)...no problems I watched my backups already mine has sound on both.

9. glmfem

glmfem Member

Now, I can at least get DVD Shrink to encode part of the movie until a error comes up saying "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Out of Memory. Not enough storage is available to process this command". What should I do? I have enough room on my hard drive. I'm lost.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

How much room do you have on your hard drive?

11. glmfem

glmfem Member

I have 43.6 GB on my hard drive. So, what do you think the problem is?

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

definitely enough room,LOL.

The new version of decrypter will get around it, but even so, I managed to get around it without it. Hard copy read errors are nothing new, only fairly new in DVD encryption.

try another program instead of shrink. DvdCopy 3 or Clone Dvd 2, even recode has worked. Altho Recode is almost the same as shrink except one burns and can't rip and the other rips and can't burn.

All have free trials. I highly recommend Intervideo DvdCopy 3. Best app out there besides RB/CCE and it's very fast, 30-45 minutes on a movie.

Also, anydvd has a free 21 day trial. I can promise you that anydvd and DvdCopy 3 will work if you can't use it with decrypter's files, just uncheck the fullscreen version where the read errors are. Besides, by removing that the quality shoots way up there also. You don't really need both screen versions.

Just for the heck of it I'm gonna try shrink and the new decrypter and I'll let ya know what happens.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  13. Draygin

Draygin Guest

>>>Still having trouble. I only have widescreen >>>selected and it's still too large. What should I >>>do?

Use Clone Dvd or Nero recode or nearley any DVD backup system and Any DVD which is available via free download and the new versions pop up almost every month. If it works contact me directley and I'll give you more. Don't overcomplicate.

KIS keep it simple, or as Scotty says, "The more you bypass the plumbing, the easier it gets to stop up the drain."

14. chucksir

chucksir Member

What I do to solve this dilemma: I connect a dvd player to my computer & copy the file to my harddrive. Then I convert the file to dvd format with either Nero or Easy CD Creator. If you can get the software you're using to copy only the movie & not the extras you can copy it directly from the disc. Some format is put on the disc after the full movie to prevent copying. It must be some new type of encryption, because occasionally this happens with other movies I've tried to copy.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

chucksir,

It's called hard copy read errors. They can put them where ever, menu, previews, main title, etc. You CAN get around them by various means or combinations of various means..

BTW, Nero and Roxio hate each other. They do not coexist with each other well, (well maybe one in a hundred,LOL)

You might be having problems from simply having both on your PC. Roxio is notorious for conflicting and causing problems with other DVD software, especially Nero.

It's even hard to remove completely because it will leave remnants in the registry that can cause problems.

You might want to try using one or the other and see if that clears up some problems you are having. Here is the tool for completely removing roxio. Use it after you remove Roxio in add/remove programs under control panel.

OK,Find it here:

http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

Here are some tips on getting around hard copy read errors, make sure you DL and install the newest version of decrypter.

http://www.zentarium.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101