1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Codec Issues? Look here.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Praetor, Sep 8, 2003.

1. romenov

romenov Member

nm, I fixed the problem

2. mdurand

mdurand Member

Message to Praetor. In your email on Sept 8th you recommend the removall of all codecs and the re-install them using your advice on that email.

My question is: How do I remove all codecs I have installed? Is there any specific location I can go and do that all at once? For example, I have never heard of the NIMO Coded before and I have not idea how to uninstall it.

Your help will be appreciated.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

When u install codecs than there is usually some type of uninstaller option available. Of course this doesnt really apply to stuff like indeo and them codecs but most of the major packs.... try Add/Remove and check the folder where u installed it for uninstallation instructions

4. 2sheds

2sheds Member

Too Booty, thx man you're total divx worked a treat, was just gonna do all the stuff at the top of this thread...but thought i'd try the easy version first, and YEP it worked!!

Thx Booty (even created a nik and stuff to say thanks) :D

Wouldn't bother replying probably won't read it but thx anyway

2Sheds

5. LostCode

LostCode Member

Hi, i just read the the 4 pages of advices, and all that is great ... i only have a last doubt ... i know wiht all that info i should have my degree! but actually i was doubting between 'Divx Total Pack' the one Booty talks about, and CodekPackFull that you can find in http://www.codecpack.net , can anybody say a last word about this one ... i really want to install something easy and practical!
    Thank you very much
    Praetor you are a god in Codecland ... i'm really impressed

6. fxr

fxr Guest

i use divx total pack and it really has been great!! :)

i have a problem tho, i cant find *anywhere* the [bold] DIV2 (Microsoft MPEG-4 v1/v2) codec...[/bold] i have installed AVIcodec hoping it would link me to somewhere i could download it... but its greyed out (unsupported, unknown) :'-(

has anyone encountered anything similar & care to help me out? i have hunted the web but i just cant find anything thats' gonna allow me play this .avi (im bald enough as it is, for this to continue any longer ;) )

thanks.

C.

7. Praetor

MSMPEG4V1 and MSMPEG4V2 come with Windows (as well as MSMPEG4V3). If not, grab the Windows Media Player codecs (both for WMP8 and WMP9) That should solve the problem :)

8. mrdisg

mrdisg Member

I downloaded a video and the audio is running faster than the video and the video will glitch and fix it every 20 seconds or so, then itll screw up again. How can I fix this problem, its driving me NUTS!

9. fxr

fxr Guest

10. trekin970

trekin970 Member

well i having a couple problems on my way. first i cannot set the audio bitrate to 480, second when i start it, i get this message "can't load 'p3package.dll'"
    any help is appreciated.

11. Praetor

trekin970 : wrong thread?
    fxr : which codec are you getting that error for?

12. fxr

fxr Guest

Praetor - DIV2 i believe..

i found this info on a website:

"DIVX2.x to 3.0 - vidc.div1 - vidc.div2

This was a short lived and mostly never seen early version of the DIVX hack of mpeg4.1 and 4.2. When it was released almost no clips were made and posted with it, but now for some reason it's showing up more and more. Because of it's nature, the easiest "fix" if you find yourself with one of these clips is to open the file with a hex editor and change the div1 or 2 to the corrosponding mpeg fourCC - either to mpg4 for div1 and mp42 for div2 (thanks to TLM) "

i have even tried editing a copy of the avi with Avic FourCC Changer as per instruction above with still no luck. i have also tried divx2/3 codec paks but cant find one with div2 to install it.

my output from AVIcodec looks like this: http://www.ffxxrr.co.nr/codecproblem.gif

i fear m fighting a losing battle.

thanks.

13. qsilver

qsilver Member

hey guyz. praetor, you recommend using the 5.x divx codecs, but aren't those spy/adware? if I want an ad/spy free codec, do you have any suggestions on what to install? also, should the 5.x codec play all 3/4 divx or whats the recommendation?

also any suggestions on players? or just stick with wmp6.0? thx

14. fxr

fxr Guest

DivX_Total_Pack contains no spyware as far as i can see.. it'll be fine for veiwing 99% of divx/avi files. i use it & WMP9 and i have no complaints at all.. : ) (apart from the missing div2 codec)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2004
  15. Busdodger

Busdodger Member

OK - i have a question...as far as i can tell i have all the required codecs but with two files i have now i get no audio or video. Checking with gspot it says its fine. I'm trying to watch them in WMP9. Any thoughts on what i can do to change this or what other program i could use instead of mediaplayer to see the video?

16. Praetor

1. Did u install all the codecs as specified?
    2. Is it an SVCD or something like that?
    3. What ARE the codecs required?

17. romenov

romenov Member

I'm having an audio problem with some of my movie files (mpeg usually). The audio delays after some time, any idea to fix this?

18. mammon

mammon Member

How do I uninstall or delete(file by file?) codecs?

It is possible to find a list in: "sounds an multimedia" in "control panel". (Further choose "hardware", video codecs", "properties" and "properties" tab.)
    There is a "remove" butten there, but when I try to remove a codec, nothing happens.

What the h*** to do? GSpoT says I have 5(yes FIVE) compatible codecs to play XviD movies. When I try to play, sound is OK, but the picture is F***** up.

19. Praetor

romenov: with MPEG... not much you can do unless you "go in and get messy" and resynch the sound yourself

mammon: try the unisnatller that came with the codec or try Control Panel --> Add/Remove

20. Praetor

Those of you looking to get rid of the codecs manually, have a look at http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/81570 ... of course you can juust fire up AVICodec/GSPot to have it point them out for you but theres already a pretty little list here :)