1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Ipod Problems? Need Help A.S.A.P

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by DjChubbs, Oct 25, 2005.

1. DjChubbs

DjChubbs Guest

Well 1st Question. I Found An Ipod @ The Park Last Week Which I Tried Using But When It Turns On Theres A Folder With An Exclamation Point On It That Appears & When I Connect It To Charge It Starts To Charge But Then It Stops. Does Anyone Know WTF Happend To The Ipod. By The Way Its A 20GB Ipod Which Was A Good Find.

2nd Question Is I Am Unable To Upload Any Video Onto My Other Ipod That I Just Got Yesterday, Even Though The Videos Are In The Itunes Program, Can Anyone Bail Me Out Here.. & This Is A 60GB Ipod.

Any

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

In answer to your first question, there is probably a technical error,

try this first (4th one down)
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/gethelp/

If you cannot fix it online, in normal circumstances, you would get it repaired for free under warranty. but in your situation, you can either pay to get it repaired, or scrap it.

In answer to your second question, firstly, is it definetely a 60gb ipod [bold]video[/bold]?

Secondly, what type of video is it that you have imported? you usually have to convert the video to work with ipod video...

Try this, or the gude in my sig has many alternatives

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

Lethal

3. DjChubbs

DjChubbs Guest

Well I defenitly know that the Ipod is a 60Gb Video Ipod & The Files are MPEG

4. h4nh4n421

h4nh4n421 Member

i have a similar problem now. i converted my video files into mpeg-4 and it will play on apple quicktime and itunes but i cannot load them onto the ipod. it says ipod cannot play this kind of video. whats wrong?

5. NWD91

NWD91 Member

The new 5th-generation iPod has fairly strict stipulations as to the types of video it can play. For example, the video resolution has to be 320x240. It can play MPEG-4 ASP and MPEG-4 AVC(aka H.264), but only up to 2.5 mbps for ASP and 768 kbps for AVC. What program did you use to convert to MPEG-4?

6. BaNaKa

BaNaKa Member

weird