1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problem making encoding the Grudge with DVD shrink, any others beside decrypter?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sstroked, Apr 21, 2005.

1. sstroked

sstroked Member

It has a error come up in the first 10% of encoding and wont finish. Did a search and found that decrypter works for the grudge but only have 4.8gb of space on my computer and not 8gb for the grudge. Same happen with Shaun of the dead but it wont detect the disc in my burner? Is there another program like DVD shrink for encoding/decrypting that will let me edit the menus and extras I want to keep plus make the ISO file under 5gb?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes try using AnyDVD.. Just load it and then use Shrink as you normally would. :)

3. sstroked

sstroked Member

What do you mean by load? Cause I start AnyDVD and this is what happens. I have the dvd in my burner and start any dvd, it then shows the dvd menu showing what region I want and settings. I click ok at the bottom and AnyDVD Information says
    "RCE protection not found.
    Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
    Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
    Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
    Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
    Found & removed 3 bad sector protections!
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!"

Then goto DVDshrink and this time 35% into analysing it says
    "Failed to read file "E:\"
    Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

Whats that mean?

I think AnyDVD just removes the protection on the dvd but doesnt save it to the HD so I can just burn it.
    this is my friends dvd did I mess it up by removing the main menu or did I remove anything else like extra features permently?I hope not

Thanks for your help

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

AnyDVD is doing it's thing! as long as the little Fox is in your system tray it is working. AnyDVD doesnt do anything except for fool your computer that the disk is not copy protected. Once it is running you just use DVD Shrink like you normally would have before. It sounds more like you have some bad disk's though like they are dirty or scratched. If these are original DVD's then there is no way you could erase anything from them. If they are copied DVD's on DVD R disk you can't really remove anything from them either. If they happen to be RW DVD's then you could have removed something from it, but I doubt they are RW disk's.

Are these original DVD's or copies?
    If copies then you can just use any writing software and use the copy disk feature.
    If they are original and you have tried using the [bold]newest[/bold] version of AnyDVD with DVD Shrink and continue to have problems then there is something wrong with the disk. Try cleaning it really good or get another copy.

I hope your friend know's your copying his/her movies :)

5. sstroked

sstroked Member

yeah I did some more searching found dvdclone2 and it had about 70% and then said the same thing. Searched some more and I am thinking the disc is a little messed up. Its original and my friend knows that I am making a back up copy. I'll have to find another good disc of the grudge.

Why doesnt any of them detech Shaun of the Dead? Are they using some kind of weird protection?

thanks!!!

6. mybarras

mybarras Member

download new dvd decryptor 5.3.4.0 use in file mode then open up shrink re author select main movie only and hey presto just do a little searching and u shall find hope this helps if u have latest version of dvdd and shrink u dont need anything else ie any dvd dvd43 just bin them clone dvd2 is a very stubborn proggy and best of all dvdd and shrink r free

7. gazlilley

gazlilley Guest

the grudge will and cannot be backed up onto dvd using dvd shrink or by using anydvd becasue FACT copy protection has managed to write a script on the dvd that closes down all the common copy protection removal systems and even trying to open the disk via my computer D:\ will return an error becasue the .vob files and the video_ts and audio_ts folders are like hidden on the disk so that you cannot access them in any way shape or form, i think they may have cracked it here people, the future of backing up your dvd's is coming to a steady end.......

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2005
  8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

gazlilley
    What?? DVD copying coming to an End! You are joking right?
    As I write AnyDVD or Decrypter will break any cp out right now. The Grudge caused no problems w/ AnyDVD and Nero Recode for me or any other Sony Arccos protected DVD's.
    There has however been a rash of 'bad' discs due to probably pressing issues.
    I seriously doubt Doomsday is near.

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

And I copied The Grudge with DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. Piece of cake.

10. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

gazlilley,
    Welcome to the forum but I think your Info is a little incorrect. I did the movie using AnyDVD and Shrink and also using DVDDecrypter and Shrink. More than likely it is as stated by binkie7 you probably have a bad press or serious scratches

11. colw

colw Active member

@ gazliley

As Binkie7 and Car.Mike have indicated doomsday has not arrived and many people have copied the Grudge without problems - see
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/154819

@ sstroked

Think you major problem is lack of hard disk space- you simply have insufficent space for temporary storage, transformations etc - minimum 10Gb recommended.