1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems still...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zenarrrow, Feb 8, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Hello, I am using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter together. I am using verbatim 4x dvd+r's. I shut down my msconfig (all start up programs) at the begining of the backup. I just can't seem to make a quality back up. They seem to freeze half way into the show. I have tried going to verbatim .com to look for firmware updates but I am lost there, any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, PS I have an dell dimension 4550. My burner is the stock necdvd+rwnd-1100a.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

LOLL sorry had to laugh @
    You need to look for firmware for your DVD writer not the media... Your firmware is probably not your problem though. So for now follow the first guide on this site http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html and then if your still having problem then it is more than likely the blank media you are using.

Let me know how everything goes. :)

3. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Hey thanks for the sites. See I don't know about firmware I am embarrassed>>>lol. I looked up the group of sites and thats where I learned to use dvd shrink and dcrypter together was scuba petes site. I don't know if this means anything but on the decrypter I set it for 4x. The last movie I tried to burn was shark tale Other movies that are now coasters are bob dylan unplugged pink floyd live at pompeii The Terminal bob dylan don't look back. ANy other ideas? I will go to that page again and see if I can detect something else. Also I try to only burn main movie, also I tried to use dvdxcopy w/ same results on shark tale

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Follow that first guide on the site to the "T" with Shark Tale and see if that works? Not the ScubaPete guide.

5. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

At the expence of looking like a complete idiot, I will be able to follow that guide exactly, but could you tell me how to create a place on my harddrive to keep the movies I guess a new folder for it, on that guide I don't now how he got to that first step.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sure...
    1. Double click on "My Computer"
    2. Double click on yor hard drive "C:\"
    3. Click on "File"
    4. Click on "New"
    5. Select folder
    6. Name your folder whatever you like maybe "DVD Backup"

Good Luck :)

7. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Thanks I'm gonna give it a try right now!!!

8. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Hey, bbmayo when I get to the part in the process where it say's tick deep annalize it is not high lighted and I think That be the most important part do you? Any suggestions their?

9. pfh

pfh Guest

If it ain't highlighted then you don't need it. Skip the deep an. and try that.

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Dito^^^^
    It wont let you check it because there is no compression involved in your back up so you dont need the enhancements at all because you are getting a perfect copy. That is what you should strive for unfortunatly this is not possible on all movies, but you shoud be able to get most to fit with no compression. This is actually a good thing no or little compression means a 1:1 copy of the original with no loss in quality..

Keep up the good work :)

11. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Hey, should I leave My compression deal on attomatic? Also I reburned the movie and so far it seems to playback good!!! When I did it the folder was just on My computer folders i LATER FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTION ON OPENING FOLDERS AND FOUND ONE AND CREATED ONE ON TH C DRIVE, HARD DRIVE WILL THAT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.Whoops caps lock was on..LOL Also I went to the firmware update site I tried ti update but it said target not found so I guess I don;t need one......? It said to look for the necnd_xxx.exe. download couldn't find that one, any ideas?

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

zenarrrow,

I should have gave you this earlier here is a guide with pictures so you can see exactly what to do http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/
    I hope this helps you out..

13. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

You did give it to me hey,,,,"bbmayo"...AND... "The mayo guide to burning dvd's" now it makes sence..I like your method better It makes fell feel good like they are going to the hard drive. How can I make it so the file I use always delets the dvd I am done using when I start a new project seems like that will take alot of space if ai don't delete them. Thanks Arrow

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You just need to go back and delete both the folder that was created when you ripped with Decrypter and the Image file when you are done. That is the surest way of getting rid of all the files is to do it your self. There are currently no settings in Shrink to do this itself. At least any that I am aware of?

15. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Hey bb mayo, I just want to thank you for everything, It has been a big help. Thanks