1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems with Sony DRU710A and Nero Showtime

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kishorch, Dec 26, 2004.

1. kishorch

kishorch Member

I am having problems with my Sony DRU719A and Nero software. I have installed the latest firmware from Sony website and also installed the latest nero software bundle.

I am able to backup my DVDs with DVDShrink and also listen to music using Windows Media Player UNTIL I watch a DVD Movie using Nero Showtime. The moment I do this, DVDShrink throws Read Errors. Also Windows Media Player is not able to play music. To overcome this problem, I have to uninstall Nero, uninstall DVD Drive from Device Management and restart the computer.

I am assuming Nero showtime is causing some conflicts but not sure what. Please help!!! This is really frustrating.

Thanks.

2. kishorch

kishorch Member

This problems has been solved. I think it was a problem with the DVD Decoder used by NERO. I uninstalled Nero Showtime and installed another DVD Decoder (from PowerDVD 6). Everything works fine now. I am able to use Windows Media Player 10, DVDShrink etc without any problems. So I guess Nero is the culprit in this case

3. dnbselect

dnbselect Member

same prob here. if you have roxy easy cd on your comp, nero will cause your comp to chrash until you remove roxy. now my damn sony dru710a wont play dvds correctly. its set up as a slave as well. whats your jumper on? master, slave, or the cs setting? im gonna try to make the sony the master tomorrow to see if that works.

4. kishorch

kishorch Member

My Sony DRU is set up as Master. I also had the same problem as you have with the DVD player. I would suggest that you uninstall the DVD Drive using the Device Manager and then restart your computer. This worked for me. Of course I also uninstalled Nero Showtime. I have started hating Nero now.

5. dnbselect

dnbselect Member

i seem to have it working now. looks like it was just a bad dvd i was playing in it. i was using the original matrix to see if it was set up correctly, and apparently the dvd is to old to play in the new drive? plays fine in my old drive. but the new one has been playing newer dvds and burning stuff to dvd just fine now that roxy is gone.