1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by AliveAsh, Jan 19, 2005.

1. AliveAsh

AliveAsh Member

Hi all, great site. I recently replaced my Hard Drive because my old one died on me. Since I replaced it I downloaded Nero 6.6.0.6 (the latest version) and I also have DVD Shrink 3.2. Now I never had problems with my old Hard Drive, but since I put the new one in it's killing me. I go to nero and choose to copy disc to disc. The computer begins to burn the disc but the used read buffer never goes higher than 50% and the Buffer level dips up and down during the process. This goes on for 30 minutes and I only have about 40% of the movie copied. Finally nero quits burning and claims to have a read disc error. I'm burning off a dvd copy I already made onto the same exact blank media. Again I never had this problem before. I downloaded all old versions of nero but that didn't fix the problem either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ash

2. AliveAsh

AliveAsh Member

By the way, I have no problems burning off my hard drive, it's pretty quick and the buffer is always at 100%.

I have a 1.0 speed processor, 448 ram

3. cruester

cruester Member

I've never tried the Disc to Disc option in Nero but I'm thinking it's your problem. DVD movies have a harder time being burned on the fly, if that's what you're doing. I would just use Nero Recode or let DVD Shrink use Nero to burn the movie.