1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having real trouble backing this up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jazzys, Mar 4, 2007.

1. jazzys

jazzys Member

Hi, I'm having real trouble backing a disk up that I have.

The disk actually has two folders on but when I put the disk into my DVD player it starts at the second one. Consequently I miss the first half of the film.

If I use clone or DVD shrink I can view the the first half of the movie in the preview window but I cant seem to get both things working on one disk.

Any clues fella's

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

What are the two folders named? A compliant video DVD has two folders: VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. The audio folder is generally empty. If you have two folders each containing DVD video files, you'll have a problem for sure.

Can DVD Shrink see and process both folders?
    Were these downloaded?
    What is the size of each folder?
    These seem to be folders containing DVD VOBs that need to be burned to two separate disks (one for each folder) or reauthored to a single disk.

If DVD Shrink can see both folders, they can be combined.

3. jazzys

jazzys Member

What are the two folders named? A compliant video DVD has two folders: VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. The audio folder is generally empty. If you have two folders each containing DVD video files, you'll have a problem for sure.

Can DVD Shrink see and process both folders?
    Were these downloaded?
    What is the size of each folder?
    These seem to be folders containing DVD VOBs that need to be burned to two separate disks (one for each folder) or reauthored to a single disk.

If DVD Shrink can see both folders, they can be combined.

Hi, If I go to the drive in my computer and look at the disk using the explore option it shows 2 folders "Audio TS" and Video TS.
    The Audio one is empty and the video one has IFO, VOB and BUP files in it.

Shrink can see and process the files but I always get a problem if i try to burn them. I've tried clone and Nero.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

You should be able to burn the files in the VIDEO_TS folder. Don't worry about the AUDIO_TS folder, it'll automatically be created when you burn.

- Open Nero Express
    - Select the DVD recorder
    - Select DVD Video Files as the project type.
    - Click the Add button.
    - Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder containing the video files.
    - Open the folder.
    - Right click and choose Select All to select all files in the folder.
    - Click the Add button.
    - Click the Finished button.
    - Set the burn speed, name the volume/disk and click Burn.

If the IFO file is screwed up, that could be causing the problem with navigation and playback. It could also be just a bad quality burn causing VOB titles to be skipped. Be sure to use quality blank media like Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, and Made in Japan labeled disks, especially those from Fuji and Sony. Also don't burn in excess of half the rated speed of the media and make sure your burner firmware is up to date.

Guides: http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm

5. jazzys

jazzys Member

Every time I try to use Nero I get a message saying that it has failed a compliance test. (Whatever that means)

Cheers

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

That error means that the structure of the dvd is not right.

All u have to do is process the Video_ts.ifo file thru FixVTS or VobBlanker then run the folder created by those programs thru shrink and continue as normal burning them.

GUIDE for VobBlanker

Get VobBlanker HERE or FIXvts HERE