1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having trouble backing up the movie "the Grudge"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sirlance, Jan 26, 2005.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@ perplext
    Im glad you were able to make your back up, but I am with Brobear on this one AnyDVD should not have caused any problems while doing the back up. So I am also a little curious about you saying it caused errors, and do you recall exactly what the error's where? There really is no need for AnyDVD for backing up your movies, but I do have mine on all the time because I paid for it so I use it as much as possible, but you don't need to purchase AnyDVD as Decrypter will defeat the new encryption just fine. DVD Shrink will not overcome the new encryption though. That is why my guide shows to use Decrypter to rip to your HD first and then run the movie threw Shrink. I also use AnyDVD along with CopyToDVD to back up some movies, but these are not free proggys so this is why I choose to write my guides for the free proggys out there because this is what most people prefer. Again I'm glad to see you got your movie backed up and I'm glad I could help.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

bbmayo
    You need to write some more guides. ;) You can have them categorized as Free, Retail, and Combo. I like using good software whether it is freeware, adware, and/or retail. I don't mind paying for good software if it's worth the price. I'm sure there are a number of like minded people. I'm sure most people want to save a buck, but these computers and equipment we're using aren't exactly cheap, at least for those of us who paid for them. So, some good "how to" with the retail apps would be good for those willing to invest a few dollars in their software.

3. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I had no problems backing up The Grudge using this method. DVD Decrypter> Click mode, then file. Rip the entire movie (All Files). Once that is done, use DVD Shrink and click Open FIles. Get the ripped movie from the folder you put it in when ripped with DVD Decrypter. Go from there and pick what parts of the movie you want to keep. Burn with your program of choice. I use Nero.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I will do that as soon as I get some free time BroBear. Your exactly right! I just havent had to much time lately to publish to the web. I have actually started a few already I just need to finish them. So you can look foward to some in the very near future!!

:)

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Thanks BBmayo, keep up the good work.